Diemschutz arrival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike and Simon,

Follow me here. PC Smith was notoriously incorrect in his timing that night. He did not have a time piece and was giving his times based on when he was SUPPOSED to have been in the street, so if anybody's timing should be suspect, it should be his sighting of Stride at 12:35. Diemshitz, on the other hand, gave not only a time but the time piece he used which could then be checked for accuracy. Contrary to what Mike says, Fanny Mortimer saw Goldstein walked through the street, went back inside, and shortly after heard Diemshitz's cart pass. Right after that she heard the hue and cry raised at the club. All the timing fits perfectly with the 1am Diemshitz gives. Zero evidence points to the contrary.

The End.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Does Mortimer give two versions???
      I confess that altruistic and cynically selfish talk seem to me about equally unreal. With all humility, I think 'whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might,' infinitely more important than the vain attempt to love one's neighbour as one's self. If you want to hit a bird on the wing you must have all your will in focus, you must not be thinking about yourself, and equally, you must not be thinking about your neighbour; you must be living with your eye on that bird. Every achievement is a bird on the wing.
      Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

• Stride threads are sooooo circular... like a hamster doing his rounds on a wheel.
        Best regards,
        Maria

Comment

• Hi Tom,

I wonder why PC Smith didn't catch sight of Solomon De la Fuente's clock.

It never ceases to amaze me what flaming hoops we have to jump through in order to make the Authorised Version of the Stride murder come true.

Regards,

Simon
          Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Indeed...

It's much more sensible to speculate beyond the realm if probability. Instead of doing what most people do when they find a dead body and immediately cause a commotion and go for a policeman, the club members conspired to wait 15 minutes until they could get their stories in sync.

If course, Spooner and Mortimer weren't in on it. Spooner said that Lamb arrived about 4 minutes after he got there. And Lamb placed his time close to 1 o'clock. Mortimer heard the cart go by, heard the commotion, and went out to see what was going on shortly after one o'clock. But the cart might have been going instead of coming. Trouble is... the cart was still in the yard, pulled up to the door. Then there's the medical opinion placing the murder sometime after 12:45.

And then there's PC Smith, who's beat took him up Commercial Rd. from the direction of Batty St. He did not pass beyond Berner. Now where was that clock?
            Best Wishes,
            Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• Agnus

Hello Cris. Of course, Lamb noted that it was just before 1.00 when he saw the lads running and shouting.

Medicos? Between 12.46-12.56.

If you thought yourself under police surveillance and a dead body turned up on your doorstep, would you not wish to consider your options? This, especially if one of your lads possibly went out the side door and caught a glimpse of the action?

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

• Hi Simon
                Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                It never ceases to amaze me what flaming hoops we have to jump through in order to make the Authorised Version of the Stride murder come true.
                It`s a stroll in the park for me, Simon. Lovely it is, this time of year.
                Sure you`re not lost?

Comment

• Hi Lynn
                  Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                  If you thought yourself under police surveillance and a dead body turned up on your doorstep, would you not wish to consider your options?
                  Surely a blessing in disguise and a stroke of good fortune if a body turned up on your doorstep whilst under surveillance by the authorities?

This, especially if one of your lads possibly went out the side door and caught a glimpse of the action?
                  Which member caught a glimpse of the action?

Comment

• choose

Hello Jon. Thanks.

Blessing? How?

Which member? Since I appended "possibly," I'll let you choose. Maybe 2 dozen to choose from.

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

• Hi Lynn

A blessing, well, if a murder occurred on your property whilst it was under police surveillance, wouldn`t that be a good thing?

Which member, well, I can`t recall any of the Club members saying they saw any action.

Comment

• 2 points

Hello Jon. Thanks.

"A blessing, well, if a murder occurred on your property whilst your house happened to be under police surveillance, wouldn`t that be a good thing?"

Well, not in my book. That would be like being audited by an accountant and having L1000 turn up in a Swiss account.

"Which member, well, I can`t recall any of the Club members saying they saw any action."

Indeed. "Say, I saw my friend Sol cutting this woman's throat. Not surprised--he's always had a hot temper."

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

• Hi Lynn

Ah, I see. You`re assuming the club had something to hide. Even though, as you noted, they thought they were under sureveillance.

Perhaps, I`m a do gooder but if I saw someone cut someone`s throat I would not hesitate in informing the police. Murder is murder.

Comment

• implication

Hello Jon. Thanks.

"You`re assuming the club had something to hide."

Possibly. Certainly, they did not wish to be targets.

"Even though, as you noted, they thought they were under surveillance."

And that, in my mind, is what caused the delay. Time to analyse and do damage control.

"Perhaps, I`m a do gooder but if I saw someone cut someone`s throat I would not hesitate in informing the police. Murder is murder."

I'd like to think I would as well. But we both might hesitate if we thought there was a chance we'd be implicated.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

• Hi Lynn

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                              And that, in my mind, is what caused the delay. Time to analyse and do damage control.
                              What delay?

Comment

• Hi Simon

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post

[Louis Diemschitz] I left home about half-past eleven in the morning, and returned exactly at one o'clock on Sunday morning. I noticed the time at the baker's shop at the corner of Berner-street.

[PC 452H William Smith] I was in Berner-street about half-past twelve or twenty-five minutes to one o'clock, and having gone round my beat, was at the Commercial-road corner of Berner-street again at one o'clock.

Neither man mentioned having seen the other.

Diemshitz said he arrived at the club at 1.00am, therefore it wasn`t quite 1.00am when he passed the clock at the top of the road.

And PC Smith was at the top end of Berner St at 1.00am, when Diemshitz was either in the yard or the club.

Comment

Working...
                                X