Bloody Apron x 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody Apron x 2

Do you think the GSG Eddowes/apron piece was a statement made by JtR in relation to the bloody apron found near Chapman which caused anti-semitic street riots because in the panic and media frenzy a real life Jewish figure called 'Leather apron' (Pizer) was implicated?

After being disturbed by Schwartz and calling him Lipski and then seen by Lewende, a jew, did JtR go home with the kidney only to bring the bloody apron piece out again for a bit of antisocial stirring?

It seems to me the GSG is a statement about the jews being responsible for what has happened. As if to say, if you didn't get in my way with the first victim, I wouldn't have to have killed again. Making it their fault there was a double event.
    Last edited by Batman; 12-21-2014, 12:54 PM.
    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Originally posted by Batman View Post
    Do you think the GSG Eddowes/apron piece was a statement made by JtR in relation to the bloody apron found near Chapman which caused anti-semitic street riots because in the panic and media frenzy a real life Jewish figure called 'Leather apron' (Pizer) was implicated?

After being disturbed by Schwartz and calling him Lipski and then seen by Lewende, a jew, did JtR go home with the kidney only to bring the bloody apron piece out again for a bit of antisocial stirring?

It seems to me the GSG is a statement about the jews being responsible for what has happened. As if to say, if you didn't get in my way with the first victim, I wouldn't have to have killed again. Making it their fault there was a double event.
    The apron found next to Annie Chapman was not bloody at all. It was washed and hung out to dry. It was John Richardsons apron, and his mother was the person who had washed it. It was not all that close to Chapman either, it was out in the yard.

The best,
    Fisherman

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
      The apron found next to Annie Chapman was not bloody at all. It was washed and hung out to dry. It was John Richardsons apron, and his mother was the person who had washed it. It was not all that close to Chapman either, it was out in the yard.

The best,
      Fisherman
      Actually you are probably right and most of the good books on JtR I have such as Evans & Rumbelow don't mention blood on it, so I don't know how I got that into my head. However that just goes to make my point. That the local tension at the time quickly connected talk of this leather apron with "Leather Apron" a jewish man Pizer who may have been assaulting prostitutes at the time or just before these bloody ripper murders. So its not important that the apron be bloody in the case of Chapman, but just an apron that became bloody in the public's mind as that was what JtR wanted to stimulate again.

But yeah, good point on the apron. I thought I read there was traces of blood on it or in a bucket of water under it, but I can't remember where I read that.... if I even did that is

So what do you think? Any connection between the bloody apron/GSG and leather apron scare?
      Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

The best,
        Fisherman
        Was the apron hung out to dry?

[Coroner] Did you say anything about a leather apron? - Yes, my son wears one when he works in the cellar.
        The Coroner: It is rather a dangerous thing to wear, is it not?
        Witness: Yes. On Thursday, Sept. 6, I found my son's leather apron in the cellar mildewed. He had not used it for a month. I took it and put it under the tap in the yard, and left it there. It was found there on Saturday morning by the police, who took charge of it. The apron had remained there from Thursday to Saturday.
        [Coroner] Was this tap used? - Yes, by all of us in the house. The apron was on the stones. The police took away an empty box, used for nails, and the steel out of a boy's gaiter. There was a pan of clean water near to the tap when I went in the yard at six o'clock on Saturday. It was there on Friday night at eight o'clock, and it looked as if it had not been disturbed.
        [Coroner] Did you ever know of strange women being found on the first-floor landing? - No.
        [Coroner] Your son had never spoken to you about it? - No.

The leather apron was mildewed so Mrs Rochardson washed out on the 6th.....wouldn't she hang it out to dry? Wouldn't a folded up wet leather apron just get more mildewed....why not hang it up. I wonder if the apron might have actually been washed more recently than she claimed.

Comment

Working...
        X