Murder Victims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murder Victims

The list below is a group of murder victims who were killed in the late 1880s. If you know about any of them, please describe them in a comment.

Mary Jane Voller
    Johnny Gill
    Mary Kate Waknell
    William Barrett
    Mrs T. Smith

Much obliged,

Parker

Johnny Gill was an eight year-old boy found mutilated and dismembered in Bradford. William Barrett wasn't a murder victim. He was the milkman who was suspected of killing him.

Comment

Actually, you're wrong. Yes, the milkman was called William Barrett, but the William Barrett I'm thinking of was a young boy murdered in London.

Comment

Hello Parker,

There was also the Barbara Waterhouse murder in 1891.

Last edited by jerryd; 05-15-2017, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Parker_Pyne79 View Post
          Actually, you're wrong. Yes, the milkman was called William Barrett, but the William Barrett I'm thinking of was a young boy murdered in London.
          Ah yes. You refer to the boy killed in Upton Park in 1897?

Comment

If I am not mistaken, "Mrs. T. Smith" may have been one of the people (in her case, a rarity - an elderly lady) who lived in West Ham and vanished. Ms Voller was killed in some park, I believe, about 1897 or 98.

Barbara Waterhouse was murdered by a man named Turner, whose mother assisted him in getting rid of the body (and got a prison sentence as a result). Turner was hanged.

Jeff
            Last edited by Mayerling; 05-16-2017, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Yes I was, really quite an unknown murder that one

Comment

Working...
              X