No announcement yet.

The 9th november 1889 letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh I see what you mean. never really paid attention closer to the Zodiac case, I know the main lines.

Comment

Here's the abridged version on the Zodiacs letter I refer to...

...As someday it may happen that a victom must be found. *I've got a little list. *I've got a little list, of society offenders who might well be underground who would never be missed who would never be missed. *There is the pestulentual nucences who whrite for autographs, all people who have flabby hands and irritating laughs. *All children who are up in dates and implore you with im platt. *All people who are shaking hands shake hands like that. *And all third persons who with unspoiling take thos who insist. *They'd none of them be missed. *They'd none of them be missed. *There's the banjo seranader and the others of his race and the piano orginast I got him on the list. *All people who eat pepermint and phomphit in your face, they would never be missed. *They would never be missed And the Idiout who phraises with inthusiastic tone of centuries but this and every country but his own. *And the lady from the provences who dress like a guy who doesn't cry and the singurly abnomily the girl who never kissed. *I don't think she would be missed Im shure she wouldn't be missed. *And that nice impriest that is rather rife the judicial hummerist I've got him on the list All funny fellows, commic men and clowns of private life. *They'd none of them be missed. *They'd none of them be missed. *And uncompromising kind such as wachamacallit, thingmebob, and like wise, well-nevermind, and tut tut tut tut, and whatshisname, and you know who, but the task of filling up the blanks I rather leave up to you. *But it really doesn't matter whom you place upon the list, for none of them be missed, none of them be missed.*

Monty

PS, 365 it is.
      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
        Here's the abridged version on the Zodiacs letter I refer to...

...As someday it may happen that a victom must be found. *I've got a little list. *I've got a little list, of society offenders who might well be underground who would never be missed who would never be missed. *There is the pestulentual nucences who whrite for autographs, all people who have flabby hands and irritating laughs. *All children who are up in dates and implore you with im platt. *All people who are shaking hands shake hands like that. *And all third persons who with unspoiling take thos who insist. *They'd none of them be missed. *They'd none of them be missed. *There's the banjo seranader and the others of his race and the piano orginast I got him on the list. *All people who eat pepermint and phomphit in your face, they would never be missed. *They would never be missed And the Idiout who phraises with inthusiastic tone of centuries but this and every country but his own. *And the lady from the provences who dress like a guy who doesn't cry and the singurly abnomily the girl who never kissed. *I don't think she would be missed Im shure she wouldn't be missed. *And that nice impriest that is rather rife the judicial hummerist I've got him on the list All funny fellows, commic men and clowns of private life. *They'd none of them be missed. *They'd none of them be missed. *And uncompromising kind such as wachamacallit, thingmebob, and like wise, well-nevermind, and tut tut tut tut, and whatshisname, and you know who, but the task of filling up the blanks I rather leave up to you. *But it really doesn't matter whom you place upon the list, for none of them be missed, none of them be missed.*

Monty

PS, 365 it is.
        wow yeah, the language is more modern but still very similar indeed. another creepy guy!

PS, I take your word for it!!

Comment

Hi Nemo,

Thanks for your thoughts and the new information you have provided me. Although, being that I know this letter by heart, I would hate to have to change some words when quoting from it. :-)

But, while you may be right about some words, I do have to take issue with you about a number of them. When I get the time, when can share some ideas and see what we can agree upon.

As an example, one word the writer misspelled was "Belgavian". I believe he meant the word "Belgravian".

"I'm not a flash away Belgravian swell"....is what he meant to write. The Brits on the board can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't this so.

To be continued.....

Marlowe

PS I believe GWB was the original Zodiac! :-)
          Last edited by Marlowe; 03-29-2011, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlowe View Post
            ...one word the writer misspelled was "Belgavian". I believe he meant the word "Belgravian".

"I'm not a flash away Belgravian swell"....is what he meant to write. The Brits on the board can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't this so.
            Funnily enough, I agree Marlowe, even though the word looks nothing like Belgravian

However, even though the writer uses unusual terms, he seems to be a very good speller

Comment

A significant point is that this poem was received on the 9th November 1889, the first anniversary of the end of the canonical murders

It refers to Winslow's "Hammersmith Rd letter" which was obviously received in Oct '89

The date has been changed on Winslow's letter to read '88, as he purports it to have been received in Oct '88 and that it predicts the Kelly murder on 9th Nov, alternatively the 7th which would fit a lunar cycle (lunatic suspect)

It was a bit of a mystery how the poem writer knew of the Hammersmith Rd letter to Winslow, considering the letter was probably received in October and the poem written early November

I think the A-Z mentions that no mention of Winslow's letter in print could be found at time of writing

However, Howard Brown recently located a press article from Oct 89 which gave some of the text of the letter

Hammersmith Rd wasn't mentioned if i remember correctly but other press reports may have appeared

The date of this story in the press further adds great weight to the certainty that Winslows Oct '88 letter, which he dined out on for years, was actually received in Oct '89

However, it is still of relevance, because it supposedly predicts that JtR will do another murder....

The poem writer knows that the letter writer is a liar

Now how could he be so certain of that.....?

Comment

Hi Nemo,

True...crazy as Hell, with little schooling and a huge IQ!

Comment

Woops, my reply was to your previous post. Didn't see that one. sorry.

Comment

I recently came across something else concerning Forbes Winslow [which I'll post in due course] and was reminded of the November 9th Letter.

The letter to Forbes Winslow purporting to be from P.S.R. Lunigi was reported in the press from late October; with reference to the address at 22 Hammersmith Road from around 3rd November - sufficient time for the November 9th poem writer to have seen it and responded.

Here's the report from Lloyds, 3rd November 1889:

ANOTHER MURDER THREATENED

Dr.Forbes Winslow states that he has received the following letter:-
                    “22 Hammersmith road, Chelsea, - Sir,- I defy you to find out who has done the Whitechapel murders in the summer – not the last one. You had better look out for yourself, or else Jack the R. may do something in your house too, before the end of December. Mind, now, the 9th of November, there may be another murder, so look out, old Sir Funk. Tell all London another Ripper open will take place about the 8th or 9th proximo, not in Whitechapel, but in London - perhaps in Clapham or the West-end. Write to the Poste Restante, Charing-cross. Address to P.S.R. Lunigi.”

Comment

Working...
                    X