Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - by caz 12 minutes ago.
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - by caz 15 minutes ago.
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - by caz 16 minutes ago.
Maybrick, James: One Incontrovertible, Unequivocal, Undeniable Fact Which Refutes the Diary - by Sam Flynn 21 minutes ago.
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - by caz 28 minutes ago.
Witnesses: Why Buck's Row? - by Elamarna 44 minutes ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Witnesses: Why Buck's Row? - (70 posts)
Goulston Street Graffito: Can we profile the Ripper from the GSG? - (21 posts)
Maybrick, James: One Incontrovertible, Unequivocal, Undeniable Fact Which Refutes the Diary - (11 posts)
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - (9 posts)
Rippercast: Index of Rippercast Podcasts - (5 posts)
General Police Discussion: Kelly inquest/Smithkey - (3 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Motive, Method and Madness

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-25-2017, 01:17 PM
Pierre Pierre is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,256
Default

[quote=Elamarna;423228]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post

I like that Pierre.. Apron strings!

Steve
Why?

Pierre
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-25-2017, 01:28 PM
Elamarna Elamarna is online now
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South london
Posts: 3,319
Default

[quote=Pierre;423230]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post

Why?

Pierre


Because it is an obvious link to the Lechmere theory; but as you say not used.

Steve
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-25-2017, 01:32 PM
Pierre Pierre is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,256
Default

[quote=Elamarna;423235]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post

Because it is an obvious link to the Lechmere theory; but as you say not used.

Steve
OK. Well, I have never heard Fisherman speak about it.

So it is rather funny to hear you say it is "obvious".

Pierre
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-25-2017, 01:36 PM
Elamarna Elamarna is online now
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South london
Posts: 3,319
Default

[quote=Pierre;423240]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post

OK. Well, I have never heard Fisherman speak about it.

So it is rather funny to hear you say it is "obvious".

Pierre

It's one of those which becomes obvious once you think about it.

Yes it made me smile.

To be honest not sure what his position on the GSG is ?
Does he think it's from the killer, or not related as I still believe.


Steve

Last edited by Elamarna : 07-25-2017 at 01:38 PM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-25-2017, 01:42 PM
Pierre Pierre is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,256
Default

[quote=Elamarna;423245][quote=Pierre;423240]


Quote:
It's one of those which becomes obvious once you think about it.

Yes it made me smile.
Thank you, Steve.

Pierre
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-26-2017, 05:57 AM
ohrocky ohrocky is online now
Cadet
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 15
Default

Pierre

On what basis do you conclude that CL's mother was "domineering" because "she had married more than once".

By extension of that argument you would have to conclude that ALL women who married more than once would have to be domineering, and that doesn't seem to be a particularly sensible line of reasoning.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-26-2017, 12:26 PM
Pierre Pierre is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohrocky View Post
Pierre

On what basis do you conclude that CL's mother was "domineering" because "she had married more than once".

By extension of that argument you would have to conclude that ALL women who married more than once would have to be domineering, and that doesn't seem to be a particularly sensible line of reasoning.
Hi,

I do not conclude that at all.

It is an idea of Fisherman.

Here it is (he is talking about himself in third person here):

Quote:
What Fisherman says is that many serialists have a background involving an absent father and a domineering mother.

Then Fisherman points to how Charles Lechmere had a lacking father figure, who left the family when Charles was but an infant - or perhaps even before he was born.

After that, Fisherman notices how Maria Louisa, Lechmeres mother changed jobs a number of times and married on three occasions, two of them seemingly bigamously, and how she somehow worked out a solution with Charles where she had one of his daughters staying with her. At that stage, Fisherman thought "Wow, that seems to be one resourceful woman"!

Fisherman then thought about how nobody got killed as long as Lechmere was living in close geographical proximity to his mother, whereas the murders started once he moved away from her.

Now, being the seasoned crusader that Fisherman is, he would NOT say that it iss a proven thing that Charles must have been swayed by his fathers absense to become a killer. Nor would he say that it is a proven thing that Lechmere´s mother WAS domineering.
He would only say: Absent father figure. SEEMINGLY resourceful mother, possibly domineering. On the surface a good fit for the sort of background many serialists have. End of.
Motive(s) of Lechmere-Cross, #5.

http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=9162
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.