No announcement yet.

Jack the Ripper Conference 2013 in London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HaVing never been to one of these before , I am hoping that I can.come along to this one .....

Comment

woo hoo.......deposit paid !! can someone tell me which hotels are reasonably priced in the locality ?

Comment

coming along on my own to this so i hope you are all a friendly bunch !

Comment

Hi Jason,
          the Conference organisers would encourage everyone to stay at the Ibis.
          In terms of cheapness, there are several Travelodges around, I have stayed in most of them and they are ok
          Chamber St,
          Liverpool St (actually in houndsditch area)
          Tower Hill (goodmans yard)
          City Road

It is worth investigating the price variation can be odd between them at times, for basically the same thing.

There is also a Budget Ibis on whitechapel high st (i think)

There should be a list on the Conf webpage too
          Jenni
          “be just and fear not”

Comment

Official Conference Announcement!

OFFICIAL CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT!

We are very pleased to reveal that the Conference weekend will kick off with a London Job Conference Special, led by Mr Neil Bell who will be assisted by a number of very special guests.

We invite delegates to meet at the Blind Beggar pub at 12.00pm on Friday 8 November, with a departure time of 1.00pm. Neil will lead the group on a tour of various East End locations, ending at the Ibis hotel (where we encourage delegates book their hotel room for the weekend) at 5.00pm. There will be an extended break midway through the tour.

In order to help Neil plan the route and also select the most appropriate refreshment stop, please let us know if you would like to join us.

Please note: this tour is available to 2013 Conference delegates only. For more information see www.ripperconference.com

If you haven't attended a previous London Job, we encourage you to join Neil and Rob Clack for the 1 June event:

Best wishes
            Adam, Ricky and Neil

Comment

Here's the final version of this year's conference logo designed by yours truly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Final Logo Forums.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	664815

It's only February, but places at the 125th anniversary conference are going very fast. If you haven't already done so, get over to www.ripperconference.com to book your place now.

All the best
              Andrew

Comment

Name:	Advert April 2013 reduced forums.jpg
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	664893

Places for the 2013 Jack the Ripper Conference are selling out fast. If you haven't reserved your place yet, don't delay, as there are only a limited number remaining.

All the best
                Andrew

Comment

2013 Conference Speakers

We are proud to announce the names of the 2013 Jack the Ripper Conference speakers;

Martin Fido, Sir. Christopher Frayling, Professor Glenn D. Wilson, Neil R. Storey, Philip Hutchinson, John Bennett, Jon Rees and Bob Hinton.

With special guests Stewart P. Evans and Nevill Swanson.

There are limited delegate places left. Don’t miss out; book yours today at www.ripperconference.com

Name:	Advert July 2013 Speakers Reduced.jpg
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	665031

All the best
                  Andrew

Comment

Last addition to the list of conference speakers announced!

We are very pleased to announce the final addition to our list of speakers for this years conference is Melanie Clegg. So, here is the final line up for this November's event in London.

Name:	Advert July 2013 V3 Speakers Forums.jpg
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	665052

All the best
                    Andrew

Comment

A mock-up of the contents of this year's Jack the Ripper Conference pack. (Delegate's Guide, London Job booklet, 4 Postcards, Lanyard Badge, 2014 JtR Calendar, and commemorative CD.)

There are very limited places left now, so if you're planning to attend and haven'y reserved your place yet, get over to www.ripperconference.com without delay...

Name:	Pack Mock up Forums.jpg
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	665120

All the best
                      Andrew

Comment

Conference itinerary now available!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

On behalf of Ricky Cobb and myself, we're pleased to announce that the Jack the Ripper 2013 conference itinerary is now available to view.

There may be certain adjustments to come and of course we've kept a few goodies hidden, all to be revealed in time.

There's no going back now. Thanks.

Adam and Ricky
                        Conference Organisers

Comment

London Job - Notice

*Important message*

I'm very aware that people shall arriving at various times on Friday, some later than the start time.

I can confirm that I shall be issuing 'pick up point' locations for those who wish to tag on later.

Also, to aid us, can those who are sure confirm on the Conference facebook page ASAP. If you are not on Facebook then PM me here. This to aid with the finalities.

Thank you.

Monty
                          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

On a related note, it appears that I am slated to receive a lifetime achievement award in Ripper Studies at this year's conference. Unfortunately, I am unable to attend, so I was wondering if someone could accept the award on my behalf? Maybe say a few words on my behalf as well? Nothing too long-winded, just two or three sentences will suffice. Maybe one of the special guests could accept for me? I don't even need the frame, just a copy of the certificate.

Comment

The hint goes out to Stewart Evans, my mentor. But he may not be interested. Monty -- Neil Bell, can you accept the award on my behalf? The first choice would have been Caroline Morris, but I'm not sure if she is attending, or if she even likes me any more.

Comment

Re: Jack the Ripper at Last: The Mysterious Murders of George Chapman

Hi folks

Copies of the above book will be available at the conference. Ricky Cobb has very kindly offered to sell the copies for me if I am not able to be there in person.

This will be a limited edition of twenty-five individually-numbered, author-signed hardbacks. (The paperback will follow next year.)

If you wish to reserve your personal copy, either to collect at the conference or to have posted directly to you, please PM me for details of price, publication date etc.

Helena Wojtczak
                                Last edited by HelenaWojtczak; 10-02-2013, 07:41 AM.
                                Helena Wojtczak BSc (Hons) FRHistS.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

Working...
                                X