Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

abstract about legal status of criminal lunatics and various statistics of Broadmoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abstract about legal status of criminal lunatics and various statistics of Broadmoor

Hi,

apologies for the clumsy title of the thread...

I unearthed an interesting article from 1901 which I assume has never been published since. It's about criminal lunatics and how they were dealt with from a legal point of view in UK.
    The article includes several statistics, especially from 1898, but also ranging from 1863 to 1898.
    The main focus of the article are the Broadmoor inmates (how many, sex, cause of detention/crime, released, send to prison, send to other asylum, deceased, etc., [only numbers, no names]), but there are also more general statistics not focussing on Broadmoor which might even include Kosminski, Ostrog, Hyam Hyams etc (in case they were regarded as criminals, even minor non-indictable offences). The Cutbush case for example must definitely be within these numbers.

The article was published 1901 in a law journal and was written by a public prosecutor who - this can be assumed from the content of the article - visited Broadmoor. The article was written by a jurist for jurists.

So, now the big disappointment: the article is written in German. As it is considerably long, I am simply too lazy to translate it, I am very very sorry. But I assume there are other German speaking members here who might be willing to translate the article.

My apologies again, I am a lazy bum...
    Attached Files
Working...
X