Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Millers Court residents in Whitechapel Infirmary (recovered thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks good read!!! It's surprising with all smoke and mirrors no one focused on Henry Hanslope...living in Mary's building with priors for assaults, impersonating a detective and possible sexual abuse....

Comment

Henry Hanslope

I found Henry Hanslope's settlement examination notes in the SGE poor law records and he stated he had been in the army until 1887. I looked for his military record and he was attested to the Royal Horse Guards in 1873 and discharged with bad conduct in 1887.
      His former occupation was given as photographer and he was a six feet tall with blue eyes and light brown hair.

Comment

Hi Debra, your searches in the settlement records have turned up some interesting facts. Thanks for taking the time to share your results with us.

When did Henry Hanslope apply to the authorities of St George in the East?

Roy

(ps HH may require his own article written by you.)
        Sink the Bismark

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Corduroy View Post
          Hi Debra, your searches in the settlement records have turned up some interesting facts. Thanks for taking the time to share your results with us.

When did Henry Hanslope apply to the authorities of St George in the East?

Roy

(ps HH may require his own article written by you.)
          Thanks for the continued interest, Roy!

Hanslope applied to SGE in April 1887. He'd lived at Carter St Mile End for 12 mos. after leaving the army and later Ernest St for a fortnight. I think that's Mile End too. He'd also been 'wandering about'
          I have some other ideas where to look and if I can be certain he was at Miller's Court in Nov 1888 I might write up a summary article on HH.

Comment

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
            Thanks for the continued interest, Roy!

Hanslope applied to SGE in April 1887. He'd lived at Carter St Mile End for 12 mos. after leaving the army and later Ernest St for a fortnight. I think that's Mile End too. He'd also been 'wandering about'
            I have some other ideas where to look and if I can be certain he was at Miller's Court in Nov 1888 I might write up a summary article on HH.
            Be interesting.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
              Be interesting.
              I'll try to be!

Comment

Working...
              X