Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
    What "answer"?
    The answer I gave you two days ago in your "Tabram Inquest in The Echo" thread, Post #2.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
      The answer I gave you two days ago in your "Tabram Inquest in The Echo" thread, Post #2.
      Haha! You are not even an historian!

But at least you are funny!

Comment

Haha! You are not even an historian!

But at least you are funny!
        There's nothing remotely funny about it Pierre. The only thing that's amusing is your obsession with whether people are or are not historians and your compulsive need to call yourself one at every opportunity.

Comment

• Hi, Pierre.

I wonder if you might offer a clarification of what you believe being designated an historian requires.
          To my understanding, to be called an historian solely requires that one writes, discusses, investigates or studies events in the past.

Yours, Caligo
          https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/flag_uk.gif "I know why the sun never sets on the British Empire: God wouldn't trust an Englishman in the dark."

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryd View Post
            This is the header from the 23rd of August article you referenced. It was indeed a 6:30 Special edition and covered the inquest from that afternoon.

Hi Jerry,

thanks for posting this.

Is the date 23 August also visible on that page when you see the whole page?

And is that date visible on the page where they write about the inquest as well?

Best wishes, Pierre

Comment

Hi Jerry,

thanks for posting this.

And is that date visible on the page where they write about the inquest as well?
              Are you serious Pierre?

Jerry has already told you this article is from the 23 August edition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                Just saw this. I have not checked Debras post, but there was a Charlie mentioned, by Faircloth - this Charlie had apparently hooked up with and given Liz Jackson a place to stay some time before she was murdered.
                Whether or not his last name was Lechmere (or Cross), I couldn´t say.
                Charlie may not have been his real name as for him being Lechmere I highly doubt it.

Comment

Hi Jerry,

thanks for posting this.

Best wishes, Pierre
                  What has this B.S. got to do with Torso Murder suspects?

Comment

Hi Jerry,

thanks for posting this.

Best wishes, Pierre
                    Pierre,

Sorry, just saw your post. Yes it certainly did appear at the top of the page where the inquest of Martha Tabram was reported. You will also see the Special Edition I posted earlier in this thread on the left.

Last edited by jerryd; 08-27-2016, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                      Incidentally, Jerry, was there a difference between a "Special Edition" and an "Extra-Special Edition" for the Echo?

Hi David,

It appears the "Extra Special Edition" was published every evening at 6:30 p.m. and contained the "latest news" of the day.

Comment

• David,

I realized I didn't really answer your question. The Echo was published at 3:00, 5:00, and 6:30 P.M. The Extra-Special Edition had to be the latter. That would mean the Special-Edition was presumably the 5:00 edition.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryd View Post
                          I realized I didn't really answer your question. The Echo was published at 3:00, 5:00, and 6:30 P.M. The Extra-Special Edition had to be the latter. That would mean the Special-Edition was presumably the 5:00 edition.
                          Yes, thanks Jerry.

Hopefully Pierre is now satisfied despite his question having already been answered more than once on this forum!

Comment

• Originally posted by Debra A View Post

Just going by memory and for interest only, Christer-I believe that there were two separate inquests on Elizabeth Jackson. The first one was opened in Wapping after the first finds and that closed with an open verdict. It was the second inquest in another borough (I forget which exactly now) that closed with a verdict of wilful murder.
                            The remains of Elizabeth Jackson were the subject of two separate inquests in different registration districts. The first inquest was held in Shadwell by Wynn Baxter and concerned the finding of a thigh at Battersea, on the foreshore near Battersea Park and two flaps of skin and subcutaneous tissue from the abdomen plus uterus and placenta, found at St George Stairs Horsleydown on 4 June 1889.

Deaths Stepney Shadwell
                            When and where died- June 1889 River Thames off Wapping. Elizabeth Jackson, female, 24 years, of no occupation and unmarried, Cause of death- Found in the River Thames. No evidence of the cause of death, or how the portions came into the river Thames. Certificate received from W.E. Baxter Coroner for County of London inquest held 5 June 1889 to 3 July 1889.

The remains found subsequently were the subject of an inquest at Wandsworth

Deaths Wandsworth East Battersea
                            When and where died- portions of body found and brought to Battersea between 4 June 1889 and 10 June 1889, Elizabeth Jackson, female, 24 years old, daughter of John Jackson, stonemason. No occupation or address.Cause of death not ascertained exactly. Verdict Willful Murder against some person or persons unknown. P.M. [post mortem] Certificate received from A Braxton Hicks, Coroner for London,inquest held 25 July 1889

Comment

Working...
                            X