The Torso letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Torso letter

I need to read more about this, but is there any discussion about the letter sent denying this murder was Jack? I cannot remember where I read or heard about it, but it seems to me that this letter could have been genuine, i mean, otherwise what is the point?

M & M

Hello Miakaal. Is there any chance that you are thinking of the Moab and Midian letter?

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Forbes Winslow received a letter in Oct 1889 challenging (defying) him to find out who had done the murder in the Summer (McKenzie) and denying that the last murder was by him (Pinchin St torso)

Comment

...or are you talking about the letter in which JtR says the torso wasn't him as he wouldn't have made such a "botch" of it?

Comment

Pinchin St Torso letters

I've just seen a reference to two letters found before and after the Pinchin Street Torso was discovered, in an article from the Times 11th Sept 1889.

"Last week a letter was found at the rear of the East London Hospital, announcing the intention of the writer to perpetrate another murder immediately. The letter was handed to the police, but no importance was attached to it in view of the number of such documents which have found their way into the hands of the authorities. Last night another letter was found in Whitechapel, containing the following words:- "I told you last week I would do another murder." The writing of the documents has been compared, but the result is not yet known."

Anyone know if these letters actually existed, or are they the imaginings of an over-enthusiastic reporter?

Comment

Interesting I havent heard of these letters before

Comment

Working...
            X