Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moors Murders

In the news today....

The doctor and close friend of Ian Brady claims the Moors Murderer has revealed to him where one of his 12-year-old victims is buried.

I have adblocker and it would not let me into the site but here is one I could get into:

Btw, did you see this one?

NOTORIOUS child killer Ian Brady has pledged his support for Islamic State (ISIS) jihadis in a letter penned from behind bars.

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
      Btw, did you see this one?
      Crikey....

Comment

I still remember the articles from years ago with this guy and his girlfriend.

Over the years there have been many different stories on murders and murderers but for some reason this guy really bothers me. Just reading the article on him made me feel sick. How is it that someone could be so heartless.

They should've put him down like a mad dog.

Comment

No they shouldn't he wants to die. I say let him rot in prison.

Comment

I don't believe for a second Brady wants to die. It's a well known fact that he breaks his 'hunger-strike' with soup and toast. As long as they keep him in Ashworth (where he clearly does NOT want to be), and don't move him to an ordinary prison, I'll be very happy.

The person responsible for this book (Dr Alan Keightley) is an awful man. I've seen a couple of interviews where he almost hero worships Brady, which is no doubt why the narcissistic old coot is so happy to talk to him.

Comment

The following doesn't apply to Brady, who will never be released. However : I don't normally tout around petitions, but I'm making an exception here:

Introduce ‘Helen’s Law': where hiding a body, preventing a burial and obstructing a coroner become criminal offences - with ‘whole life’ tariffs

Comment

What amazes me is why they keep giving publicity to this loser. The Doctor should be ashamed of himself for being led along like this. Brady's stupid mind games once again.

Comment

The doctor reminds me of the Earl of Longford, who used to visit Myra Hindley in prison and thought she was a 'lovely person' really.

Comment

Brady is a very sick man and his sickness, in my opinion, stretches back to his childhood. It is very difficult to determine what to do with people like Brady because he can't be cured and yet it seems inappropriate to execute someone so sick.

The one thing that should be done though is that anyone visiting and engaging with him should be banned from publishing, or passing to others for publication, any of Brady's sick rants or twisted views until he is actually dead.

The one gratification Brady gets is to see how much any news about him winds up the general public and the powers-that-be. Therefore there should be a ban on reporting anything about HIM until he dies.

If this 'friend' has any information that will reveal the whereabouts of Keith's body, he should be required to pass the information to the police.

I was a small child when Brady and Hindley murdered those children but I can still remember the news reports on the radio (we didn't have TV) and the pictures of them in the newspaper and it filled me with absolute horror. Even years later, when I did my Duke Of Edinburgh Award and had to take part in an outdoor 'expedition', the very word 'moors' filled me with a cold dread.

I am glad Hindley died in prison. It's the least she could have expected in return for the lives she took. If she really had 'reformed' and felt 'remorse' she should have been glad to die in prison just so that the families of her victims never had to come face to face with her or come to terms with her freedom when their children remained dead - and in one case - unburied in a place they could visit.

Robert - I will gladly sign that petition. If he refuses to allow his victim's family the dignity of a proper burial for their loved one, he should stay in jail.

Comment

I have not seen anything on this since the murders did happen so long ago and so I know no more than what I read back then, other than these new stories that is. Also I did not know he wanted to die. (Sure)/sarc

What happened to his girlfriend who as I remember went out and got his victims for him?

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                        I have not seen anything on this since the murders did happen so long ago and so I know no more than what I read back then, other than these new stories that is. Also I did not know he wanted to die. (Sure)/sarc

What happened to his girlfriend who as I remember went out and got his victims for him?
                        She died in prison, aged 60, some years ago. She spent many years cultivating high profile supporters such as Lord Longford to help convince the public and the authorities that she was a reformed character and should be released but to no avail.

Comment

Well, thankfully so. Wiser heads prevailed.

Comment

On a side note, the fascist convictions of Ian Brady have been downplayed in recent years.
                            It was not about historical, british fascism (Mosley), not about the practical politics of it, but the timeless fascist inhumane concept of misanthropy, constituted on state-level by the Third Reich.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsky View Post
                              On a side note, the fascist convictions of Ian Brady have been downplayed in recent years.
                              It was not about historical, british fascism (Mosley), not about the practical politics of it, but the timeless fascist inhumane concept of misanthropy, constituted on state-level by the Third Reich.
                              I don't think he was a fascist. He was intelligent, and could discuss the theory, of course, but I see no evidence that he tried to find a leader, or to be a leader to others, except Hindley, and there he seemed to be just a rather nasty sort of dominant. Even Hitler's (and by extension, the Third Reich's) philosophy was ultimately based on positive ideals. Hitler certainly sought to destroy much of what we recognize as civilization, and to kill or enslave most of our species, but his motivation was to free mankind from what he saw as a biological suicide pact imposed by civilization. From what I understand of him, Hitler felt that the suffering he caused was justified to ensure that mankind in the future was strong, and biologically capable of meeting any challenge.

I don't see that in Brady. He enjoyed dominating others, and feeling superior to them. Torturing and murdering children was part of that. His treatment of Hindley was part of that. (She was, herself, a rotter, but that's another issue). Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I see no real motivation in Brady beyond wanting to feel powerful. When talking to others, of course, he'd never admit that. He'd have to claim a philosophical motivation, and ideally one which allows him to claim grandiose motivations and which stresses that ordinary people just can't understand him.
                              - Ginger

Comment

Working...
                              X