Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where should I post this thread? A Guide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where should I post this thread? A Guide.

With the new board reorganization and our hope to ensure threads are in their proper forum and therefore easy to find, we have decided to post a brief guide to hopefully assist you in determining the proper place to post a new thread.

Compare these two threads:

Thread A: Psychological profiling and the Ripper
    Thread B: Francis Tumblety ( a profile).

Both threads deal with profiling. However, thread A is a general discussion of profiling based on no exact suspect and just the deeds that we know “Jack” committed. Thread A therefore should go in the Method, Motive and Madness forum. It is a general profiling thread and belongs in the general profiling forum.

Thread B however deals with a specific suspect and should therefore go in the Tumblety suspect forum.

A second example:

Thread A: The Murder scene: #13 Millers Court
    Thread B: What route did the Ripper take between Dutfield's and Mitre's Square?

Thread A deals with one specific murder: Mary Kelly’s and therefore belongs in the Mary Kelly forum. All threads related to one specific victim belong in their individual forums.

Thread B is more general and deals with the geography of Whitechapel, and therefore should be located in the Scene of Crimes forum.

To sum up: if a thread deals with one specific person or murder, then the thread should be located in that person's individual forum. If it deals with multiple events or people, it should go into the general category forum that most closely matches. In theory, the main General Discussion forum should have the least amount of posts.

Please help us to keep the forums tidy by using specific thread titles as often as possible.

Thank you all. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Admin; 06-17-2010, 07:30 PM.

And just where exactly is the "I am being picked on for being a dumbass" thread supposed to go? Dave
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Working...
    X