No announcement yet.

Shelley house location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, that's the website where I got the impression the theatre was in the back garden, but it actually only says it was "behind" the house. I suppose he could have had two houses within yards of each other....
    No.1 Chelsea Emankment today is on the corner of the Embankment and Embankment Gardens. Which is where I originally thought the house in the 1909 picture was, except that Embankment Gardens didn't appear to have been built at the time (according to the OS map).

The grounds do seem to have an entrance on Tite St though, nearly opposite Dilke St.

Comment

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
      Dave Gates did some mapping of the torso finds a few years ago and there's also some more stuff about the location of Shelley House in the thread he started here:

http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=5094&page=2
      Thanks Debs! I remember reading that ages ago, and drawing my own map.

On the plus side, I've got a GPS app on my phone that I use for walking, and I've just managed to plot waypoints for a few victims. On the minus side, I've no idea how to share it here....

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the site with 1890s OS maps (or similar) to plot them?

Comment

Working...
      X