Why Buck's Row?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    That was the norm, sadly. I don't think we can read much into Kelly's living indoors, as comparatively few prostitutes would have had that luxury. I think the Ripper took his opportunities where he could, and he must have thanked his lucky stars to discover that his last victim had a place of her own.
    If you were a serial killer and wanted a witness to see your murder victim, how would you do that outdoors without the risk of getting caught?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
      If you were a serial killer and wanted a witness to see your murder victim, how would you do that outdoors without the risk of getting caught?
      Leave the victim on public view is the simplest, in a location which is used.
      However I am sure that is not what you are thinking of my friend.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
        What if he couldn't find another prostitute with her own digs?
        Do more outdoor Nichols/Eddowes/Chapman-type murders, until the next opportunity for an indoor job came along.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
          Leave the victim on public view is the simplest, in a location which is used.
          However I am sure that is not what you are thinking of my friend.

Steve
          I can tell you Steve, it is actually impossible.

Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
            I can tell you Steve, it is actually impossible.

Pierre
            Pierre,
            are you just saying it is impossible to exclude some degree of risk. Such is of course true of any serial killer.
            Of course that does not mean they put on a police uniform.

Steve
            Last edited by Elamarna; 09-04-2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• There's always going to be an element of risk to killing women, whether in the street, in a back yard or in someone's room. The ripper avoided being caught though and so we have to assume that he exercised caution to minimise those risks. If he hadn't have done that then we would have to put his avoidance of capture down to luck (and lots of it.)
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                Now, here's a rather more complete version of Ms Farmer's inquest evidence than one finds in the Times.

From the Star of 10 September:

"I am afraid deceased used to earn her living partly on the streets. She was a very straightforward woman when she was sober, clever and industrious with her needle; but she could not take much drink without getting intoxicated. She had been living a very irregular life all the time I've known her."

Go on and explain that one away Simon.
                She was a road sweeper?
                I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                  Hi DJA,

Evening News, 8th September 1888—

“The supposition finds ready acceptance that the poor woman was murdered outside and taken into this yard, by those who knew the place well. This is upheld by the fact that spots of blood are lying thick in the narrow passage leading from the street into the yard, and the blood marks where the body was found must have been caused by its being deposited there, there being no signs of any struggle having taken place in the vicinity.”

Regards,

Simon
                  Were the 'spots of blood' in the passage noticed before the body was removed or after? If after, the spots if 'thick' (presumably congealed) could have been deposited during the removal process surely?

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                    The police did not recognise any of the C5. Nor did they recognise them once they had their names.

Regards,

Simon
                    Walter Dew?

Comment

Working...
                    X