Break ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break ups

It seems like a pattern that some of the victims had recently broken up with their significant others before the murders. While I'm not incredibly well versed in the victims personal life's from what I can tell Tabram had recently broken up with Henry Turner, Kelly had broken with up Barnett, Kidney had not seen stride for four days, was Chapman quarreling with Edward Stanley, the Pensioner, in the days before her death? Also I think Liz Jackson had broken up with Fairclough before her death. Are there more instances? Could the Ripper have known and taken advantage of this or is it a random coincidence?

Maybe he posted a personal ad in the advertisers.
    there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
      It seems like a pattern .......
      Nichols moves next door to Eddowes several days before she leaves to go hopping.
      Almost immediately Eddowes departs Nichols is killed.

Eight days later,a close neighbour of Mary Kelly's follows suit in Hanbury Street.
      Hanbury Street is possibly Jack's route between home and work.

Stride moves into Dorset Street. Around the time of Eddowes return she leaves Kidney and returns to the same short street shared by Eddowes and Nichols.

Eddowes has returned for a reward for the capture of Jack the Ripper.

Liz and Kate are murdered.

The remaining Dorset Street CV5 is murdered after ditching her de facto.

A Providence Row novice recounts Mary Kelly was the cause of it all.

Onya bikes and back to Lucky Pierre and his data!
      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
        Nichols moves next door to Eddowes several days before she leaves to go hopping.
        Almost immediately Eddowes departs Nichols is killed.

Eight days later,a close neighbour of Mary Kelly's follows suit in Hanbury Street.
        Hanbury Street is possibly Jack's route between home and work.

Stride moves into Dorset Street. Around the time of Eddowes return she leaves Kidney and returns to the same short street shared by Eddowes and Nichols.

Eddowes has returned for a reward for the capture of Jack the Ripper.

Liz and Kate are murdered.

The remaining Dorset Street CV5 is murdered after ditching her de facto.

A Providence Row novice recounts Mary Kelly was the cause of it all.
        Sorry I'm not following what this means exactly?

Comment

Hugely respected, extensively quoted and widely regarded as the 'bible' of Ripper studies, The Complete Jack the Ripper A to Z is the ultimate reference for anyone fascinated by the Jack the Ripper mystery. This new, rewritten, up-to-date edition includes sources and well over 100 photographs.The Complete jack the Ripper A-Z has an entry for almost every person involved in the case, from suspects and witnesses to policemen and journalists, plus the ordinary people who became caught up in the unfolding drama.Written by three of the world's leading authorities on the case, it takes a completely objective look at theories old and new, describes all the key Ripper books and gives potted biographies of many of the authors.Whether you are new to the mystery of Jack the Ripper or an experienced 'Ripperologist' The Complete Jack the Ripper A-Z will keep you turning the pages. Fascinating and entertaining reading in its own right, it is the essential reference to have beside you when you venture into the dark alleys of Victorian Whitechapel.

Comment

Sorry I'm not following what this means exactly?
            Meh!

Newbie 2014er

Comment

Thanks Pierre, Obviously I'm aware of the theory that MJK was the intended target. Eddowes gave her name as Mary Ann Kelly when she was arrested hours before her murder. However I don't think there is anything to support that theory at all. Rather it seems much more simply that the Ripper was connected to Dorset st or Flower & Dean and knew all the victims through the pubs, his work, the streets or from being a john.

Comment

Thanks Pierre However I don't think there is anything to support that theory at all.
                Thanks Fred.

Which theory?

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
                  Thanks Fred.

Which theory?
                  That Mary Kelly was the cause of the murders

Comment

Stopped after she was.

Comment

That Mary Kelly was the cause of the murders
                      Not according to my sources, no.

Regards Pierre

Comment

It seems like a pattern that some of the victims had recently broken up with their significant others before the murders. While I'm not incredibly well versed in the victims personal life's from what I can tell Tabram had recently broken up with Henry Turner, Kelly had broken with up Barnett, Kidney had not seen stride for four days, was Chapman quarreling with Edward Stanley, the Pensioner, in the days before her death? Also I think Liz Jackson had broken up with Fairclough before her death. Are there more instances? Could the Ripper have known and taken advantage of this or is it a random coincidence?
                        Hi,

Probably common behaviour in Spitalfields. Nothing the killer would have taken any interest in or could have known anything about, I´d say.

Regards Pierre

Comment

Well, he had to stop sometime, even if he'd (by some chance) gone on killing till he was 94. I don't think you can necessarily attribute huge significance to Mary being the last victim. We don't know what made him stop. He could have gone to jail, moved elsewhere and slit his throat, fallen victim to one of those very common Victorian industrial accidents, anything.

And as for the victims living in doss houses in close proximity to each other, we have to remember how many hundreds of people were jammed into doss houses each night in that tiny area of a couple of streets.

Comment

I think there are circumstances where the separations might be quite relevant...if for example anyone or some of the Canonicals were not killed by someone who was a stranger to them.

In Liz Strides case, she had just split with Kidney that same week, in Kates case, she obviously does not seek out John Kelly when we are told they slept together nearly every night. If she didn't intend to seek him out, this would be 2 consecutive nights apart. Mary Kelly ejected Joe Barnett at the end of October, so she had been alone in that room since Maria got her own room on the 2nd or 3rd.

What we do not have with the above is any evidence that they were incapacitated or soliciting at the time they meet their killer. Although Kate and Mary might have hangovers. What that means is that as far as the evidence goes, we do not have to consider them being killed by a stranger as strongly as the evidence in the first 2 murders suggests.

Therefore, 1 or more of them might have been killed by someone known to them...and in Marys case, considering her attire and demeanor, known well.
                            Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                              Well, he had to stop sometime, even if he'd (by some chance) gone on killing till he was 94. I don't think you can necessarily attribute huge significance to Mary being the last victim. We don't know what made him stop. He could have gone to jail, moved elsewhere and slit his throat, fallen victim to one of those very common Victorian industrial accidents, anything.

And as for the victims living in doss houses in close proximity to each other, we have to remember how many hundreds of people were jammed into doss houses each night in that tiny area of a couple of streets.

^THIS!
                              I mean assuming that he stopped after Kelly and didn't just decide he preferred working indoors. Maybe after trying it out in the open again once or twice and realizing it just wasn't doing it for him anymore. There are certainly a couple bodies that could make an argument for being Ripper victims where the thrill was gone.
                              I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

Working...
                              X