Two Years of Articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
    It might be a case of W.T. Madge being wise after the event.

Thomas Catling didn't mention his presence that morning.
    I fail to see why Catling should even have seen Madge that morning let alone mentioned his presence. Do they both say they were in Whitechapel at exactly the same time, let alone in the exact same location at the same time?

Perhaps the fact that Madge did not mention seeing Catling means that we should doubt Catling's story of being there?

But it seems to me that you ARE saying that you WOULD find it hard to understand how Madge would have reached such a conclusion so soon after the murders, if he actually did. Is that right?

Comment

Hi David,

Absolutely.

If Madge actually did.

Regards,

Simon
      Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying Simon.

Comment

You're most welcome.
          Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

What would Madge be referring to when he says "he managed to find the house and saw into the room where the body of the woman was lying?" I suppose both uses of the word "house" in regard to the victims of the Double Event must mean where the bodies were by the time Madge found them, as we know both Stride and Eddowes died outside.

That actually makes some sense, I think, given that Madge wrote that it was about 2 o'clock in the morning when he was told of the first murder. He wouldn't have found Stride still in the courtyard at that time -- would he?
            Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
            ---------------
            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
            ---------------

Comment

Working...
            X