Jill The Ripper Theories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Jack View Post
    Is there anyone on the casebook that believes a woman was the killer??
    I don't think it was a woman.
    Regards Mike

Comment

My opinion is that, IF there was a woman involved (killing women) then she had to work with a male. Two people performing the murders one male one female.
      "Truth only reveals itself when one gives up all preconceived ideas. ~Shoseki

When one has one's hand full of truth it is not always wise to open it. ~French Proverb

Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first, it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

If you look at it like this:

Mary Ann (Polly) Nichols, murdered Friday, August 31, 1888.
        Annie Chapman, murdered Saturday, September 8, 1888.

then:

Elizabeth Stride, murdered Sunday, September 30, 1888.
        Catharine Eddowes, also murdered that same date

disregard Kelly as a Ripper victim, and open up the jealous ex idea for that, and your answer is right there! JILL the Ripper had VERY bad PMT!!!!!

A little in poor taste I know....

Comment

The theory of the killer being a woman is one that intrigues me. I really think it is unlikely but the more I look into it, the more I start to actually maybe accept it! Stupid as it sounds... but it could just work.
          Best regards,
          Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

I see a few major problems with a Jill.

1: Profile. (I dont know of any Woman who has ever killed prostitutes much less mutilated them and brought their uteri home in a sack!)

2:Strength: (I think another Woman would have a difficult time with the likes of Annie or MJK. Or any of them. The killer has got to silence them quickly.)

3: Opportunity: (I cant think of a single reason why Annie would go into the backyard with a Woman.)

Comment

I would consider the possibility that Jack was Jill if and only if there were no eyewitness statements that describe Jack as a man.

Still, though, it is a very good theory especially when you take into account that a midwife could've walked the streets of Victorian London unabated with blood stained acoutrements unnoticed.
              ...I'm back.

Comment

Id tend to dismiss the idea of "jill the ripper" because of the mutilations which were done in a sexual frenzy and the fact no women were seen by any of the witnesses

Comment

I do not put much stock in the Jill the Ripper theory and I think most ripperologists don't. But I would love to hear a Rippercast talking about the theory and its history.
                  "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions." - G.K. Chesterton

Comment

Good idea. I'll work on it.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                      Good idea. I'll work on it.

JM
                      Wonderful! I listen to the Rippercast all the time.

It's one of my favorite things to listen to while playing World of Warcraft.
                      "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions." - G.K. Chesterton

Comment

Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde had Jill the Ripper. Wonderful pseudo-Victorian look and atmosphere and Miss Hyde the Ripper is wonderful monster. Otherwise unbelievable.
                        Me?
                        For the memory of my sweet, ambereyed and animal-loving mother (1932-2007). Be happy in Heaven.

Comment

The theory has always been interesting

I give much more credence to a male killer utilizing female garb (washerwoman, etc.) to facilitate his escapes.

Comment

Jack the Ripper being a woman is one of the most crackpot theories if not the most crackpot theory about Jack the Ripper.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                              Jack the Ripper being a woman is one of the most crackpot theories if not the most crackpot theory about Jack the Ripper.

You cannot totally dismiss the Jill the Ripper theories if you believe that some (if not all) deaths were assisted suicides. I've yet to see a truly valid theory that dismissed the assisted suicide theory!

Comment

Assisted Suicide?

Are you serious?
                                So are your saying that someone helped the Ripper victims strangle themselves, cut there own throats and then just as they were dying helped them mutilate themselves.
                                No one in there right mind would commit suicide in this way if it's actually possible assisted or otherwise.
                                I must conclude that your taking the piss.
                                I stand corrected your theory is the most crackpot theory I've ever read on Jack the Ripper.

Comment

Working...
                                X