Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    Several observations....

The so-called initials "MF" on the wall are low down, just above the body but not so obvious in the sepia version of the photograph that you show. The alleged initials are vaguely visible above the horizon of the body, as it were, in this detail of the same photograph --

It is a tin bath below the bed and there is a bolster on the dry sink on the other side of the body. On the side table to the right of the photograph are body parts cut from the victim (breasts and other fleshy parts) as well as another bolster visible on the second smaller photograph taken in the room. The part of the mutilated body that you said looked "like a knife" is the exposed right femur of the victim.

I would agree that the left arm of the victim looks unnatural as it lays across her midriff, and believe that the body was purposely posed by the killer for dramatic effect.

Best regards

Chris
    Hi Chris and all
    Yep the initials and so much more are only visible properly on MJK1 which is the small snapshot you've shown.
    The main photo shown is MJK2 which is a different one altogether not a different copy as most people seem to think.
    MJK1 shows the flash to the left of the FM.This is the original found by Donald Rumbelow.
    MJK2 shows the flash in the centre of the partition wall obliterating other things...this is the one that arrived anonymously in the late 80s.... Whether it is the flash or a bit of photoshop? who knows but MJK1 as you've shown is the one to place the trust in
    You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Pierre, I'm generally very open-minded and after your post, I think I've found him, I thought fair enough if it takes a year to find whatever you're after then it takes a year.

At the same time I wondered if you'd be making more posts inbetween now and a year's time, what those posts might be and how they'd be taken by the other forum members.

Surely you must understand that with posts like the one about MJK's arm you're just winding people up and I think it would be better if you just disappeared and then when you have this info that takes a year to get, well then you can make a post.

I'm a member of a number of forums and have never made a request such as the one I just made. I like meeting people of all types. Usually it's quite easy to work out if somebody is trolling but not in your case. I honestly don't know if you're a troll or not. I'm still prepared to wait a year, afterall I've followed ripper studies since the year that the first edition of Stephen Knight's book came out.

But if you're level headed and have some common sense then you must be able to understand how some of your posts, such as MJK's arm, are annoying to read, and I could say to myself, OK I'll just ignore Pierre's posts, but that doesn't really work - at least not all the time, in the context of a thread with many posts and some quoting others. I'm happily reading posts here about what people see in the MJK photo and all of a sudden up you pop putting an end to that happiness.

So don't get me wrong Pierre, I've nothing against you and I'm not calling you a troll as I honestly don't know if you are one or not, but I wish you'd just stop posting for a year, or however long it takes before you're happy to reveal your suspect.

I'm aware that I'm going off-topic. If you want to reply Pierre then maybe do so in paul g's Pierre and his research thread. I believe that would be suitable. Here's a link.
      http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=9211
      These are not clues, Fred.
      It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
      They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
      And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
      We will not.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
        ^ Did Jack leave the eyes in order that MJK (I do believe it was Mary) could 'see' what was being done to her? "You were once thought pretty" he may have thought, 'Now look at you!'
        I've considered this as well. As if he could then pretend that she was still alive while going to work. However, her head was tilted to the side, as if the killer didn't want her looking at him as he was carving her up - which is not uncommon in such cases. He could, of course, have tilted her head that way deliberately, so whoever came in through the door would be greeted by her face. Seeing as the rest of the face was horribly mutilated, the eyes were almost certainly left intact on purpose, and that might possibly have made for a far more unnerving appearance than if the face was an unrecognisable pulp.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
          Pierre, I'm generally very open-minded and after your post, I think I've found him, I thought fair enough if it takes a year to find whatever you're after then it takes a year.

At the same time I wondered if you'd be making more posts inbetween now and a year's time, what those posts might be and how they'd be taken by the other forum members.

Surely you must understand that with posts like the one about MJK's arm you're just winding people up and I think it would be better if you just disappeared and then when you have this info that takes a year to get, well then you can make a post.

I'm a member of a number of forums and have never made a request such as the one I just made. I like meeting people of all types. Usually it's quite easy to work out if somebody is trolling but not in your case. I honestly don't know if you're a troll or not. I'm still prepared to wait a year, afterall I've followed ripper studies since the year that the first edition of Stephen Knight's book came out.

But if you're level headed and have some common sense then you must be able to understand how some of your posts, such as MJK's arm, are annoying to read, and I could say to myself, OK I'll just ignore Pierre's posts, but that doesn't really work - at least not all the time, in the context of a thread with many posts and some quoting others. I'm happily reading posts here about what people see in the MJK photo and all of a sudden up you pop putting an end to that happiness.

So don't get me wrong Pierre, I've nothing against you and I'm not calling you a troll as I honestly don't know if you are one or not, but I wish you'd just stop posting for a year, or however long it takes before you're happy to reveal your suspect.

I'm aware that I'm going off-topic. If you want to reply Pierre then maybe do so in paul g's Pierre and his research thread. I believe that would be suitable. Here's a link.
          http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=9211
          Hi Ozzy,

and thanks for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate that. And I am truly sorry for annoying you with some of my posts.

But I think you shouldn´t listen so much to what I say. I have explained that I might very well be totally wrong. And I mean it.

At the same time, if I share some thoughts with you all, perhaps that could lead to someone else finding out something interesting about this case just by mere chance. I understand that people get a lot of inspiration here and that they develope new ideas all the time.

Anyway I think that my posts shouldn´t be taken so seriously.

And I can assure you it is as annoying to me not being able to write certain things as it must be to you reading some of my rather enigmatic posts - if that´s any comfort.

Regards Pierre

Comment

Hope this works as ive not uploaded a pic before. my take on the photo.
            the green bits are what i see as a base sheet and pillow. the blue possibly chemise, possibly sheets. wonder if thats a small pillow under her arm?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Panderoona; 10-29-2015, 04:04 PM.

Comment

I don't know whether it's an optical illusion, but I do see a lot of writing on that door at the back and even what looks like the name Kevin!

Darkening the image in Photoshop helps a little to reveal some of the writing - a person with more expertise could probably clarify much of what the writing says. I suspect none of it was done by JTR but over a long period by different occupants of the room and MJK herself. Two sets of initials look to be MJK to me.

I will post again on this in a moment but here is another thought. I've always assumed that the back partition was fixed in order to provide a separate room from the back of 26 Dorset Street. But as it looks like a door there, what if the door actually opened the other way. Someone could have gained access that way - whats more may have had the element of surprise - we know that MJK was on that side of the bed when her throat was cut. A crazy thought of course. You can laugh now

Comment

The image posted earlier, darkened and some of the apparent writing/words boxed. The word looking a bit like "Kevin" is underlined in light blue.
                Attached Files

Comment

A darker and more contrasty version which, if you download and enlarge, will "reveal" much more "writing". As far as I recall, there is no mysterious writing on the second MJK image taken after the murder.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm not laughing but If there had been a usable door there though, the police would have investigated the possibilities wouldn't they, and used it to come into the room (shifting the bed away) instead of waiting outside and finally breaking the door down?

I can imagine previous tenants scribbling things on the filth of the walls when they were drunk but really some of what looks like writing is probably just dirty markings.

Would Mary's bedclothes have run to a pair of sheets, with one over the mattress? It sounds rather elaborate in an age in which servants often slept with a couple of blankets only.

I know she had one sheet to protect her from the roughness of the blankets, which was slashed. Wasn't Mary's mattress just a thin woolen fleck one? If that was rucked up and cut up in places that would account for some of the folds and other shapes seen under the body.

Comment

Originally posted by MysterySinger View Post
                      A darker and more contrasty version which, if you download and enlarge, will "reveal" much more "writing". As far as I recall, there is no mysterious writing on the second MJK image taken after the murder.
                      Hi
                      Use MJK1 it's darker and much more revealing. It's not just writing there are sketches all over. It's a mural in effect
                      Attached Files

Comment

Compare the highlighted signature to this one at your leisure
                        Attached Files

Comment

A textbook example of pareidolia. Personally, I see nothing resembling a mural or a signature. Except for that last picture, of course - which is a picture of a signature.

Comment

Originally posted by MysterySinger View Post
                            The image posted earlier, darkened and some of the apparent writing/words boxed. The word looking a bit like "Kevin" is underlined in light blue.
                            Hi,

What we see is the result of the police writing on the envelope in which this picture was kept.

"...writing is indeed visible all over the photograph... Most of it is illegible or nonsensical, probably the result of people writing on the envelope in which the photograph was kept. But at some point an original print was die stamped. In the area below the raised left knee clearly visible concentric circles contain the letters HO. Home Office? Within the circles, and to the left, a notation reads 'SIB8FGA' and, beneath, a second reads: 'pd 2/4'.

Regards Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                              Hi,

What we see is the result of the police writing on the envelope in which this picture was kept.

"...writing is indeed visible all over the photograph... Most of it is illegible or nonsensical, probably the result of people writing on the envelope in which the photograph was kept. But at some point an original print was die stamped. In the area below the raised left knee clearly visible concentric circles contain the letters HO. Home Office? Within the circles, and to the left, a notation reads 'SIB8FGA' and, beneath, a second reads: 'pd 2/4'.

Regards Pierre
                              Afraid not Pierre
                              Already been through this once before haven't we?
                              You're talking about MJK3 which is the one that's most likely a fake from the other side of the bed
                              You know the one, the one with the impossible sunlight and the bed being diagonal across the room...

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                                A textbook example of pareidolia. Personally, I see nothing resembling a mural or a signature. Except for that last picture, of course - which is a picture of a signature.
                                Hi Karl
                                I don't agree at all.You can claim pareidolia if you like but you can say the same thing about art. I can see it clearly enough...
                                The signature is there ,so just keep comparing the two.One day, someone will clean up MJK1 enough to convince

Comment

Working...
                                X