No announcement yet.

JtR Documentaries- Complete the List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we only considering video here? There must be some radio or audio record documentaries although don't ask me to name any. Also, books-on-tape could be considered sort of a documentary, I think.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Just to point out that there are actually two versions of the Freemasonry documentary that Phil was featured in--a 3-hour, 3-part series and a 1 hour version. Just for the record, Phil's about the best bit of both versions.
      “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

There's a free audio podcast/doc from the "howstuffworks" people. I think it's called "How Ripperology Works" and is on iTunes now.

Comment

If we're going into audio territory, I could probably make a list of what I have - which could possibly be fairly complete.

Regards the Freemasonry prog, thanks for the nice comms, folks. They were a lovely company - paid well, treated me well at the time, stayed in touch afterwards and sent the promised copy. However, if you've seen it, you'll know they totally mangled the truth. The only thing they can be commended for in the studio was having their Jack dressed normally and not in the classic style. I couldn't believe how they'd misunderstood what I'd told them - they had Stephen Knight writing the Barlow & Watts series, Prince Eddy being the Freemason and Catherine Eddowes being the mother of his child! I did tell them once I saw it. To their credit, they took it in good faith but, of course, it'll never be fixed.

Regarding the unshown Swedish programme, I'll have to have a look and get back to you.

PHILIP
          Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
            Frayling was the host of Shadow of the Ripper, the BBC Timewatch show from 1988.
            And a very good documentary it was, I thought - as were most Timewatch programmes.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post

TO KILL AND KILL AGAIN wasn't 1993, it was 2001.

Likewise, the SECRET HISTORY was, I believe, 1996 (also available as a Channel Four video called THE WHITECHAPEL MURDERS).

PHILIP

Hi Philip. I don't know if there's another documentary called "To Kill and Kill Again", but I was going off the IMDb web site when I gave the year of release as 1993. I always thought they were pretty reliable, but they may have been mistaken in this case. Also with "Secret History" we seem to agree on the year, and I even gave the air date of July 25, 1996, or 25 July 1996 for our friends across the pond.

I love your guided tours on youTube of the murder sites, grave sites, and other significant locations. Keep those coming. And your video of the goat kind of reminds me of Terry Jones trying to interview a goose in his "The Crusades" documentary. Pretty hilarious.
              "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Comment

Secret History, The Whitechapel Murders

Hi Guys,
                Thought you might be interested to know that the Secret History documentary is available to download from the VeohTV site.
                By registering and downloading the VeohTV software you can watch or download the documentary in full.
                Here's the link to the site

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post

Richard Jones has done more than one JTR programme. It might even be three.

PHILIP
                  Hello Philip

Yes I worked for sometime with Richard on an idea of Sky. Unfortunately it got rail-roaded by a production company called Rugie Media..Richard phoned me recently to let me know they had gone bust

However he did appear in the relic's of that production, which featured Vic Reeves running around whitechappel trying to convince the public that Kernal Sanders was Jack the Ripper..

I'm sure he wouldn't want it mentioned and i'm not certain what they called the program in the end.

However Richard Jones has more Jack the Ripper video's than any other person I know and may be worth talking to...

Certainly an expert in this area. He's appeared in quite a few from all over the world.

Yours Jeff

Comment

On Ripper related audio, I only have a couple of productions and won't be including them in my podcast, although I enjoy them.

The first I'd recommend is The Truth about Jack the Ripper written and presented by Martin Fido.

The Secrets of Scotland Yard were true crime radio dramatizations that ran from 1949-1951. The episode on Jack the Ripper (fingering Klosowski aka George Chapman) is available to listen or download from the web, as are about 100 other episodes from that series.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                      The first I'd recommend is The Truth about Jack the Ripper written and presented by Martin Fido.
                      Hey Jonathon

Where can this be found? Is it online anywhere, or am I trying to hunt down a CD or something?

And get back to me when you can re whatever it was you wanted hunted up at the National Library, too.

Cheers,
                      B.
                      Bailey
                      Wellington, New Zealand
                      hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
                      www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

Bailey,

Martin Fido did a number of audio cassettes on criminal cases, Jack the Ripper being one of them.

Funny that I see his Crippen and Yorkshire Ripper cassettes available on Amazon.uk, but not his Jack the Ripper one. It's highly possible that it is OOP.

Check your PM's for more about that and the NZ job.

Thanks,

JM

Comment

Believe it or not, Fido has done no less than THREE different audio packages for sale on JTR. Got 'em all.

PHILIP
                          Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

As a matter of interest, does anyone know if Jeremy Beadles Jack the Ripper broadcasts at LBC still survive.

I know everything they do is podcast today. But was this before that time?

I'd like to catch some of his stuff if anyone has it?

Jeff

Comment

is the 'historys mysteries: the hunt for jcak the ripper' the same as 'historys mysteries: jack the ripper' (history channel)?

also theres a couple of short docu-featurettes on the 'from hell' bonus disc. not sure of the titles as theyre just titled 'victim/suspect profiles', and so forth.

joel
                              if mickey's a mouse, and pluto's a dog, whats goofy?

Comment

Originally posted by joelhall View Post
                                is the 'historys mysteries: the hunt for jcak the ripper' the same as 'historys mysteries: jack the ripper' (history channel)?
                                Jack is spelt different on one of them Joel

Kiddin aside, I was trawling through Myspace earlier and realised there were loads of small doc's made in a similar vain to those on Youtube.
                                Regards Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X