Lucy Baderski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neal,
    I have never heard anybody on here diminishing what you have done.Why so much hostility?

Comment

Nats:

I tried scanning newspaper reports for some inkling of what might have happened to them post-Klosowski trial but haven't managed to find anything definite yet.....Sarah Ann/Annie Chapman is a reasonably common name though, and there's not much for Lucy Baderski, which makes me wonder all the more if she didn't return to Poland to live at some point.

Cheers,
      Adam.

Comment

Below is the entry for Lucy's return from America in 1892.
        Ship: City of Berlin
        Port of Departure: New York
        Port of Arrival: Liverpool
        Arrival Date: 11 Jan 1892

Passenger:
        Name: Lucy Klosowska
        Attached Files

Comment

Any ideas of any descendents of Cecila

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
            Neal,
            I have never heard anybody on here diminishing what you have done.Why so much hostility?
            I didn't say they had. It's just that many a time research get's repeated on casebook that has already been revealed before. I was just pointing out that fact. Have a lie down...

Comment

Thanks Chris, and yes, after she made that return trip from America, she lived with her sister at 56 Scarborough Street, which is where Cecilia was born. The son they had previously had already died by that point.

Cheers,
              Adam.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Scott View Post
                1911 census:

I just wanted to make a few points.

The 1911 census was the first to be filled in by the householder and not the enumerator. Therefore, the handwriting that we are looking at is Lucy's. Ain't that thrilling?

Her dau Helena (yay!) was born December 1902, four months before Chapman was hanged.

Her dau Stanislawa bears the same name as Lucy's auntie, Miss Baderska. On these boards she is wrongly named as "Mrs Stanislaus Rauch", as though Stanislaus was her husband's forename. In fact her name was Stanislawa, the female form of the male name Stanislaw. (There is no such name as "Stanislaus" in Polish.) Her husband's name was Wilhelm Rauch (very German!) and he lived from 1861 to 1925. They married in Mile End in September 1892.
                Last edited by HelenaWojtczak; 06-23-2011, 07:08 PM.
                Helena Wojtczak BSc (Hons) FRHistS.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Went View Post
                  Thanks Chris, and yes, after she made that return trip from America, she lived with her sister at 56 Scarborough Street, which is where Cecilia was born. The son they had previously had already died by that point.

Cheers,
                  Adam.
                  Was it not No.26?
                  Helena Wojtczak BSc (Hons) FRHistS.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

Indeed it was, Helena.

Cheers,
                    Adam.

Comment

Working...
                    X