No announcement yet.

Relatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's like Willy Wonka! Whoever has the Golden ostrich plume gets to see the oompa loompas.

Mike
    huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
      It's like Willy Wonka! Whoever has the Golden ostrich plume gets to see the oompa loompas.

Mike
      Nobody is getting to see my oompa loompas!!!

Comment

• Events have moved quickly today - I have received the OK to post the alleged Kelly image and have started a new thread
        I have told you all that I know as provided to me - the only material still held back is the full image of the Kelly family at the sender's request
        I hold no commitment to the truth or otherwise of the claims made and that is why I wanted to post it openly even if it means that it transpires that I have been hoaxed or my informant is genuinely mistaken.
        My apologies to the handful of people I sent the image to earlier but having been given the OK to post openly I thought it best to do so as qucikly as possible.
        Chris

Comment

• I have that the picture of Mary's alleged sister certainly looks like an Irish woman to me.
          In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

• Just wanted to add my two penneth worth about Henry John Joseph's name. Lets not forget that Catholics take on a saints name when they recieve their first holy communion. He may have been Henry John for family and Joseph added after his communion.
            In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

• Hi Kat.

It's actually at Confirmation that Catholics take on an additional name. But I agree with you, that's the most likely reason that a Catholic would seem to have two "middle" names.

Best regards,
              Archaic

Comment

• Jane?

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                Hi Kat.

It's actually at Confirmation that Catholics take on an additional name. But I agree with you, that's the most likely reason that a Catholic would seem to have two "middle" names.

Best regards,
                Archaic
                MJK had (supposedly) only one middle name though - & an unlikely choice for a saint's name in Jane? Wouldn't Jane Mary make more sense in this context? It sounds more and more like an alias to me.

Regards, Bridewell.
                I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Saint Jane

Hi Bridewell.

I know of at least one Catholic saint named Jane: Saint Jane de Chantal. My family is Catholic, and my great-great Aunt Sadie born in the 1880's was christened "Sarah Jane", so I don't think the middle name "Jane" would have been precluded in Mary Kelly's day. (By the way, my Aunt Sadie lived to be 107 years old- just think what she must have seen! There are so many questions I wish I could ask her now.)

Mary Jane Kelly may well have lived under an assumed name. Maybe she used her real first name and an assumed last name, or maybe the entire name was assumed; who knows?

In my experience confirmation names are seldom used except on church-related documents, such as marriage certificates. I've also seen them on diplomas from Catholic universities.

Best regards,
                  Archaic

Comment

• From my own family research on my mum's side, I have found Mary Jane and Mary Anne cropping up quite frequently and they were not Catholics. As for three first names, I found the boys quite frequently had three first names. The older boys tended to be named after their father, then the next two boys after each grandfather, and then after parent's brothers or uncles and so on. My great grandfather, the eleventh and last child, was named Samuel George Joseph whereas his older brother was named George Samuel Henry. Crazy!

Comment

Working...
                    X