Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
General Suspect Discussion: Favorite suspect/s? - by MrBarnett 52 minutes ago.
General Suspect Discussion: Favorite suspect/s? - by Herlock Sholmes 1 hour and 12 minutes ago.
General Suspect Discussion: Favorite suspect/s? - by Herlock Sholmes 1 hour and 19 minutes ago.
General Suspect Discussion: Favorite suspect/s? - by MrBarnett 2 hours ago.
General Suspect Discussion: Favorite suspect/s? - by Joshua Rogan 2 hours ago.
Witnesses: Caroline Maxwell Alibi ? - by Wickerman 2 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
General Suspect Discussion: Favorite suspect/s? - (21 posts)
Witnesses: Caroline Maxwell Alibi ? - (14 posts)
Witnesses: What EXACTLY did Maurice Lewis say? - (5 posts)
Witnesses: Our Charles Cross - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Media > Books > Non-Fiction

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #151  
Old 05-15-2018, 11:43 AM
David Orsam David Orsam is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 7,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklhawley View Post
Did you know that we've discovered even more evidence and I'm now in the process of working on yet a third Tumblety book! And there's New York City material! I am being absolutely honest.
It's good that you feel the need to confirm that you are "being absolutely honest" because that hasn't been your approach to this thread so far, has it?

But I'm very pleased to hear what you say because it absolutely justifies my attempts to point out to you the mistakes you have made in your first and second books. I'm sure you wouldn't want to repeat them all again in your third book, would you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklhawley View Post
Even though you've made an absolute conclusion, you may not want to be so set. Future's bright.
From past experience Mike (see my post above), I've learnt to maintain a healthy scepticism to your bombastic claims. I'll only believe anything you tell me when I actually see it.
__________________
Orsam Books
www.orsam.co.uk
Quick reply to this message
  #152  
Old 05-15-2018, 11:45 AM
mklhawley mklhawley is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Greater Buffalo, New York
Posts: 1,902
Default

That's better. Keep 'em coming.
__________________
The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
http://www.michaelLhawley.com
Quick reply to this message
  #153  
Old 05-15-2018, 11:52 AM
David Orsam David Orsam is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 7,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklhawley View Post
Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you said you were only going to post once.
Er, no I didn't. In fact, I said no such thing. So you thought wrong. What I said was that I would limit myself to one response to your post #143. Which is exactly what I did.

I then responded to a point in Herlock's #145. (Subsequently, but before you posted your #150, I responded to your #148.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklhawley View Post
My bad.
Yes it was your bad Mike and is starting to confirm my suspicion that you don't read stuff properly.
__________________
Orsam Books
www.orsam.co.uk
Quick reply to this message
  #154  
Old 05-15-2018, 11:56 AM
mklhawley mklhawley is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Greater Buffalo, New York
Posts: 1,902
Default

So, your problem, David, is you hate my guts and it's all emotional, thus helplessly connected to bias.

You see, being a retired paralegal, you were trained in research, but your goal was never the truth. It was to win for your client at all costs. It's the adversarial system of justice.

This mixing evidence with reductionist arguments is a lawyer's trick.

Sorry,

Mike
__________________
The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
http://www.michaelLhawley.com
Quick reply to this message
  #155  
Old 05-15-2018, 12:01 PM
mklhawley mklhawley is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Greater Buffalo, New York
Posts: 1,902
Default

Oops, I was supposed to wait for 5 to 7 more posts. I'll stop for a bit.
__________________
The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
http://www.michaelLhawley.com
Quick reply to this message
  #156  
Old 05-15-2018, 12:08 PM
David Orsam David Orsam is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 7,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklhawley View Post
So, your problem, David, is you hate my guts
Mike, this is completely and utterly untrue and I simply don't know why you think this, other than basic paranoia.

I haven't been impressed with you in this thread at all, it's fair to say, due to the lies you have told about me, but to say I hate your guts is another mistake on your part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklhawley View Post
and it's all emotional, thus helplessly connected to bias.
There's no emotion at all in my posts about your book. I've stuck entirely to the facts and the arguments. How can you not see that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklhawley View Post
You see, being a retired paralegal,
This isn't true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklhawley View Post
you were trained in research
This isn't true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklhawley View Post
but your goal was never the truth. It was to win for your client at all costs. It's the adversarial system of justice.
I'm sure you've said this kind of nonsense before, years ago, but it's as untrue now as it was then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklhawley View Post
This mixing evidence with reductionist arguments is a lawyer's trick.

Sorry
I'm not a lawyer, sorry.
__________________
Orsam Books
www.orsam.co.uk
Quick reply to this message
  #157  
Old 05-15-2018, 12:41 PM
Herlock Sholmes Herlock Sholmes is offline
Superintendent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: The West Midlands
Posts: 2,032
Default

Im learning more and more.

There appears to be developing an entire Orsam (or Barrat) mythology?

You are a retired Paralegal - apparently untue

You are writing a JTR book - apparently untrue

You have a deep-seated hatred of Mike - apparently untrue

David, are you sure that you are certain of who you are? Might you be mistaken? Perhaps you might find out some more ‘facts’ about youself in the near future which will lead to you discovering your own true identity.
__________________
Regards

Herlock






"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact!"
Quick reply to this message
  #158  
Old 05-15-2018, 01:00 PM
David Orsam David Orsam is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 7,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
David, are you sure that you are certain of who you are? Might you be mistaken? Perhaps you might find out some more ‘facts’ about youself in the near future which will lead to you discovering your own true identity.
Put it this way, Herlock, let's hope the next "Hawley book" (as I assume he thinks of such things) is not a biography of me!!!
__________________
Orsam Books
www.orsam.co.uk
Quick reply to this message
  #159  
Old 05-15-2018, 01:13 PM
Herlock Sholmes Herlock Sholmes is offline
Superintendent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: The West Midlands
Posts: 2,032
Default

I can see it now, “Orsam: My Life As A Tibetan Yak Farmer.”

I’d buy it
__________________
Regards

Herlock






"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact!"
Quick reply to this message
  #160  
Old 05-15-2018, 01:13 PM
mklhawley mklhawley is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Greater Buffalo, New York
Posts: 1,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
Im learning more and more.

There appears to be developing an entire Orsam (or Barrat) mythology?

You are a retired Paralegal - apparently untue

You are writing a JTR book - apparently untrue

You have a deep-seated hatred of Mike - apparently untrue

David, are you sure that you are certain of who you are? Might you be mistaken? Perhaps you might find out some more ‘facts’ about youself in the near future which will lead to you discovering your own true identity.
Hey, we have an Orsam-ophile! By your own admission, Herlock, you know nothing about the subject. Nice back up David!
__________________
The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
http://www.michaelLhawley.com
Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.