Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Witnesses: Caroline Maxwell Alibi ? - by Debra A 1 hour and 3 minutes ago.
Witnesses: Caroline Maxwell Alibi ? - by jerryd 4 hours ago.
Witnesses: Caroline Maxwell Alibi ? - by DJA 7 hours ago.
Mary Jane Kelly: Mary Kellys Inquest - by DJA 7 hours ago.
Rippercast: Colin Wilson: Jack the Ripper Conference in Ipswich, 1996 - by Herlock Sholmes 8 hours ago.
General Suspect Discussion: Favorite suspect/s? - by Abby Normal 8 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Witnesses: Caroline Maxwell Alibi ? - (29 posts)
General Suspect Discussion: Favorite suspect/s? - (13 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: Mary Kellys Inquest - (5 posts)
Rippercast: Colin Wilson: Jack the Ripper Conference in Ipswich, 1996 - (3 posts)
A6 Murders: A6 Rebooted - (2 posts)
Witnesses: Mizen's inquest statement reconstructed - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > General Suspect Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #301  
Old 06-03-2018, 01:40 AM
Robert Robert is offline
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,813
Default

Fish, we you well know, I believe that Crossmere told the truth about pretty much everything.

You're the one who wants to pick and choose : Crossmere told the truth about Pickfords, his first and middle names and address, but lied about his surname and what he said to Mizen ; Phillips can be trusted for Chapman's TOD (which must have been no later than approx. 3.45 - a bit more than two hours ago) but he can't be trusted about Eddowes being killed by an unskilled imitator; the police had some good officers and some bad, but remarkably not one good officer ever asked if Crossmere had been checked out; Crossmere didn't get along with his mum or the daughter who preferred to live with her, yet he went out visiting them; Crossmere walked down Hanbury St because he always went that way - there isn't the remotest chance that he went that way because Paul went that way.

The sun must be strong in Sweden today.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 06-03-2018, 01:52 AM
harry harry is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,753
Default

The record of solved murders in 1880,differ little from the records of today,that is dspite the improvements in crime detection that is now available.The reason the police would not have concentrated on Cross,is that there was no evidence that pointed to his story being false.No circumstancial or eye witness evidence that placed him in the company of Nichols when she was alive.

So it's another false claim to suggest it was poice incompetance that allowed Cross to get away with murder.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 06-03-2018, 01:54 AM
Elamarna Elamarna is online now
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South london
Posts: 4,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
Mizen broke the law? I think you need to expand on that one, Steve! Now, please - not somewhere in the future, if you could be so kind!
Christer, would have assumed it was pretty clear

He told a lie under oath, that is my suggestion. Is that not breaking the law?

Steve
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 06-03-2018, 01:58 AM
Elamarna Elamarna is online now
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South london
Posts: 4,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Fish, we you well know, I believe that Crossmere told the truth about pretty much everything.

You're the one who wants to pick and choose : Crossmere told the truth about Pickfords, his first and middle names and address, but lied about his surname and what he said to Mizen ; Phillips can be trusted for Chapman's TOD (which must have been no later than approx. 3.45 - a bit more than two hours ago) but he can't be trusted about Eddowes being killed by an unskilled imitator; the police had some good officers and some bad, but remarkably not one good officer ever asked if Crossmere had been checked out; Crossmere didn't get along with his mum or the daughter who preferred to live with her, yet he went out visiting them; Crossmere walked down Hanbury St because he always went that way - there isn't the remotest chance that he went that way because Paul went that way.

The sun must be strong in Sweden today.
Robert,

We must not forget that the quickest route from Doveton to Pickfords, while using Hanbury Street, did not past #29.


Steve

Last edited by Elamarna : 06-03-2018 at 02:20 AM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 06-03-2018, 02:12 AM
Sam Flynn Sam Flynn is offline
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 9,937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post
We must not forget that the quickest route from Doveton to Pickfords, while using Hanbury Street, did not pass #29.
Oops!
__________________
Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 06-03-2018, 02:21 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 17,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry View Post
The record of solved murders in 1880,differ little from the records of today,that is dspite the improvements in crime detection that is now available.The reason the police would not have concentrated on Cross,is that there was no evidence that pointed to his story being false.No circumstancial or eye witness evidence that placed him in the company of Nichols when she was alive.

So it's another false claim to suggest it was poice incompetance that allowed Cross to get away with murder.
Just like how police wise up, so do the criminals too, Harry. If you had joined the ranks, you would know that disagreeing with a PC about what is said is clear evidence pointing to a potentially false story, just as swopping names is.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 06-03-2018, 02:22 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 17,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post
Christer, would have assumed it was pretty clear

He told a lie under oath, that is my suggestion. Is that not breaking the law?

Steve
And what lie was that? (Just want to get this very clear, Steve)
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 06-03-2018, 02:22 AM
Elamarna Elamarna is online now
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South london
Posts: 4,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Flynn View Post
Oops!
Hi Gareth,
The route turns south at Spelman, and that assumes the entrance in in Eldon street.
If of course any of the other proposed entrances was possible everything changes.


Steve
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 06-03-2018, 02:27 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 17,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Fish, we you well know, I believe that Crossmere told the truth about pretty much everything.

You're the one who wants to pick and choose : Crossmere told the truth about Pickfords, his first and middle names and address, but lied about his surname and what he said to Mizen ; Phillips can be trusted for Chapman's TOD (which must have been no later than approx. 3.45 - a bit more than two hours ago) but he can't be trusted about Eddowes being killed by an unskilled imitator; the police had some good officers and some bad, but remarkably not one good officer ever asked if Crossmere had been checked out; Crossmere didn't get along with his mum or the daughter who preferred to live with her, yet he went out visiting them; Crossmere walked down Hanbury St because he always went that way - there isn't the remotest chance that he went that way because Paul went that way.

The sun must be strong in Sweden today.
If he told the truth about everything, then why lie about his working place?

A criminal would be wise not to lie about everything - hiding the lies inside obvious truths is the best way to go about it.

Phillips only suggested a different killer for Eddowes, he was not sure about it. And we don´t know where he ended up after the spree, do we?

The whole police force missed out on Sutcliffe having been questioned nine times.

I never said that Lechmer did not get along with his mother, and I don´t think he would have placed his daughter with her if he did not.

I never said that Lechmere did not walk Hanbury street because Paul did, he may well have done so.

Anything more, or is that all?

Oh, yes, one thing more:

Hat.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 06-03-2018, 02:27 AM
Robert Robert is offline
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,813
Default

Hi Steve

I'm sure Fish will find a way to get his Christerectomy performed.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.