The Whitechapel Murder Mystery - Rob Hamilton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Whitechapel Murder Mystery - Rob Hamilton

I've been on 'oliday I 'ave, and the last place I ended up was Halifax (no, not that Halifax, the one in Nova Scotia) and, at a charming secondhand bookshop, I came across a copy of this novel for only a buck. I suspect that, given its date of publication, it was discussed on the pre-crash boards; but, if it was, I missed it.

Rob Hamilton, The Whitechapel Murder Mystery. Kaleidescope Press, 2006. ISBN 987-1-84728-856-1.

A fascinating little novel it is that includes many of the characters associated with the WM, e.g., Tumblety, Lusk, LeGrand, Kidney, Maybrick, and Cutbush. And all of this served up with gallons of Earl Grey. The plot (I shan't give away the details) centres around an attempt to assassinate the Prince of Wales and Bismarck.

Anybody, besides me, read this?

Bump.

So, just for clarification, can I now take it that I am the only resident of Ripperdom who has actually read and/or owns this book? If that's true, I'm going to move it from the general collection and put it on my rare book shelf.

Oh, and I now notice that I spelt "Kaleidoscope" incorrectly. My apologies to the publisher.

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
      Bump.

So, just for clarification, can I now take it that I am the only resident of Ripperdom who has actually read and/or owns this book? If that's true, I'm going to move it from the general collection and put it on my rare book shelf.

Oh, and I now notice that I spelt "Kaleidoscope" incorrectly. My apologies to the publisher.
      I have to admit I had never heard of it. Is it worth tracking down?
      There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

I rather enjoyed it and I was hoping for a second opinion from somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
          I rather enjoyed it and I was hoping for a second opinion from somebody.
          I will see ifI can find it if I'm in a whitechapel mood after christmas. Thanks for the heads-up.
          There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

aye aye! keep yer 'and on yer pfennig!

Comment

Not seen before

"The great victorian mystery" also titled"The nun of Calais"Anyone know it.

Comment

I have this book and I really enjoyed it, I can't believe hardly anyone has heard of it.

Comment

Working...
                X