Bruce Robinson's Suspect Identified?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gnote View Post
    He also reusing the theory about GSG and the spelling of juwes being a "major clue". If he spent $500,000 on research i wonder if he just really overpaid for a copy of JTR - The Final Solution.
    Maybe they were really expensive researchers.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      Maybe they were really expensive researchers.
      You know like a million bucks a minute.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by gnote View Post
        He also reusing the theory about GSG and the spelling of juwes being a "major clue". If he spent $500,000 on research i wonder if he just really overpaid for a copy of JTR - The Final Solution.
        He donated very generously to Wikipedia.
        I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

Apparently he once acted in a film with Keith Skinner, who apparently suggested that he research the case as an alternative to pursing a film project about the Wallace murder. Not sure what to make if that!

Comment

Stephen Knights theory/Maybrick Diary combined.

Two heavyweight ideas brought together.

Proof? Actual proof? Evidence?

Here we go again.

Phil
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
            Accountability? ....

Comment

At first blush... this sounds like a load of bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                At first blush... this sounds like a load of bollocks.
                That is my take.
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Ditto
                  Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                  Accountability? ....

Comment

I noted two things that are interesting in relation to Bruce Robinsons identification of Michael Maybrick as Jack the Ripper.

To begin with, Robinson thinks that Michael Maybrick was a homosexual. I dont know whether Robinson realizes the full implications of that.

It also applies that Robinson says that Maybrick was a ... wait for it ... PSYCHOPATH!!!

Oh, the dastardly man! How utterly indecent to propose such a thing! And it is of course all TOTALLY circular!

Now, be a nice bunch of wolves and go get him.
                    Last edited by Fisherman; 10-03-2015, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                      Stephen Knights theory/Maybrick Diary combined.

Two heavyweight ideas brought together.

Proof? Actual proof? Evidence?

Here we go again.

Phil
                      I´m going nowhere, Phil!

Comment

Originally posted by John G View Post
                        Apparently he once acted in a film with Keith Skinner, who apparently suggested that he research the case as an alternative to pursing a film project about the Wallace murder. Not sure what to make if that!
                        That is odd. If anything, the Wallace Case needs more attention and would have made a powerful film if handled right. Writing the 125th, or whatever it is, book about JtR seems a little pale by comparison.
                        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                          That is odd. If anything, the Wallace Case needs more attention and would have made a powerful film if handled right. Writing the 125th, or whatever it is, book about JtR seems a little pale by comparison.
                          I agree, Stan. I find the Wallace case fascinating and I think it would be excellent subject matter for a film or TV series. In fact, even Raymond Chandler referred to it as the "unbeaten case", also calling it "the impossible murder because Wallace couldn't have done it and neither could anyone else.

Instead Robinson chooses to write a lengthy JtR book,which has been pretty much ridiculed by reviewers.

Comment

"Instead Robinson chooses to write a lengthy JtR book,which has been pretty much ridiculed by reviewers."

I have read one review and one article on the book, and nowhere is the book "ridiculed".

At 864 pages, there is clearly a lot to absorb, so why don't we wait until we have read the book and then we can critique it.

It worries me that people are prepared to dismiss the book without having read it.

The basic rules of academia surely have a place on these boards.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
                              "Instead Robinson chooses to write a lengthy JtR book,which has been pretty much ridiculed by reviewers."

I have read one review and one article on the book, and nowhere is the book "ridiculed".

At 864 pages, there is clearly a lot to absorb, so why don't we wait until we have read the book and then we can critique it.

It worries me that people are prepared to dismiss the book without having read it.

The basic rules of academia surely have a place on these boards.
                              " What made the director of Withnail And II waste 12 years of his life and £500,000 of his own money to prove that Jack the Ripper was really a Victorian Paul McCartney on disguise. " (Craig Brown, Sunday Mail)

It's clearly another masonic conspiracy book. Thus Robinson refers to the removal of coins and buttons from Eddowes and Chapman and concludes, "The removal of metal is axiomatic of masonic ritual". He further opines "nothing could be allowed to threaten masonry. "

How anyone can be taken in my this nonsense I really don't know.
                              Last edited by John G; 10-04-2015, 05:06 AM.

Comment

I put up my dream cast for a potential Wallace Case movie over on a Wallace thread if anyone is interested.
                                This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X