No announcement yet.

Images of Abberline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Rob, although it is only a temporary spell. And yes - I am not surprised.

Phil! Oh yes, I do remember. How's the hat (I distinctly remember a hat!)?
    Hope all is well with you.

Thanks Robert. None of you probably wouldn't recognise me now - I have quite long hair and full beard nowadays. Although no Alan Sharp copy. So, no Robert, no moustache wax at present. I decided not to look like eighty-two anymore, although it was fun for awhile. Will probably take it up again when I retire in about 25 years from now.

All the best
    /Glenn
    Last edited by Glenn Lauritz Andersson; 09-06-2012, 03:45 PM.
    The Swedes are the Men that Will not Be Blamed for Nothing

Comment

Most frustrating thing about the JTR case, (besides no knowing who JTR was) is not knowning what Inspector Abberline looked like.

This looks likely, yes. Thanks for that input, Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
        Most frustrating thing about the JTR case, (besides no knowing who JTR was) is not knowing what Inspector Abberline looked like.
        Or who Mary Kelly was.
        I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Hear, hear.

Hello Colin. Hear, hear.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

The Abberline problem sounds like the kind of thing that will be solved some day. I think Colin's a good candidate to be the finder.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
              The Abberline problem sounds like the kind of thing that will be solved some day. I think Colin's a good candidate to be the finder.
              That's very flattering but it's a tall order!
              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

I bet there is something remaining in Monaco.
                Let me call Albert.

Comment

"The True Face of Inspector Abberline" by Andy Aliffe in the October 2006 Issue of Ripperologist (Number 72) still remains the best discussion of the search for an Abberline photograph.

Don.
                  "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Hi Don

Originally posted by Supe View Post
                    "The True Face of Inspector Abberline" by Andy Aliffe in the October 2006 Issue of Ripperologist (Number 72) still remains the best discussion of the search for an Abberline photograph.
                    I don`t have the issue to hand but I do remember that article. From memory Andy does not mention the guy in the Leman St H-Div photo that Rob House discovered a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                      Hi Don

I don`t have the issue to hand but I do remember that article. From memory Andy does not mention the guy in the Leman St H-Div photo that Rob House discovered a couple of years ago.
                      I think Stewart would beg to differ on that.

Monty
                      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Hi Neil

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                        I think Stewart would beg to differ on that.

Monty

Yes, Stewart`s photo but Rob House discovered the hidden "Abberline" within that group.

Here we go: post 27 http://forum.casebook.org/showthread...ight=abberline
                        Last edited by Jon Guy; 06-26-2013, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                          Hi Neil

Yes, Stewart`s photo but Rob House discovered the hidden "Abberline" within that group.

Here we go: post 27 http://forum.casebook.org/showthread...ight=abberline
                          Apologies Jon,

I misread.

To me it looked as if you were saying Rob discovered the photo.

Monty
                          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                            Apologies Jon,

I misread.

To me it looked as if you were saying Rob discovered the photo.

Monty
                            No worries, mate. It does read as you say. I should have written the Abberline that Rob House discovered in the Leman St group photo.

I did contact Stewart at the time for his opinion, and I hope he doesn`t mind my saying that he thought he was a good candidate for Abberline.

Comment

I'm sure that candidate for Abberline was discussed before Rob pointed him out

When the people in the front row where being discussed, I remember asking why other people in the photo were not being considered, with that very chap that "Rob discovered" in mind, and he was discussed at that time

I've had a look for the thread but it isn't on the boards so I assume it was lost in the Great Crash

Comment

Don`t think it was, Nemo

If it was new to Sam Flynn in 2009, it was definitely a new find.

Comment

Working...
                                X