Do you think it was possible...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think it was possible...

Do you think it was possible for the police at the time to of caught the Ripper?

I honestly don't think it was possible, the police at did not have the man power, discipline or the training on any type of investigation tactics. The requirement to even join the police force where extremely low. You only need some ability to read and write and physical strength. Also, at the time all identification relied on eye witnesses which could not give the police any real truth, even more so when London's population at the time was somewhere around 15,000 people.

Hello,

As far as we know, it didn't happen but that doesn't mean it was impossible. The breaks just didn't fall the cops way. More recently the Tylenol Poisoner wasn't caught either but he probably would have been if one of the stores had a security camera on at the right time. Unless you think these killers are some sort of supernatural being then it's certainly possible. Killers who have taken much more elaborate precautions than Jack have been caught.

Stan
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

I suspect there were some within the police who had a pretty good idea of who Jack was.
      If they knew that 120 years later it would still be in hot debate, he would have been caught and hanged.

Comment

Originally posted by plang View Post
        I suspect there were some within the police who had a pretty good idea of who Jack was.
        If they knew that 120 years later it would still be in hot debate, he would have been caught and hanged.
        More like they thought they had a good idea. If the idea was pretty good then why was the killer never caught?
        I think there is more than enough "Evidence" to show that there really wasnt a good suspect...Ever!

Comment

Mitch, Patricia Cornwell has some pretty good evidence, but she still can't prove it.

Comment

Mitch, Patricia Cornwell has some pretty good evidence, but she still can't prove it.
            Huh??
            Patricia Cornwell has no evidence of any kind. All she has is conjecture wrapped in a bow of speculation.
            Believe me. If Abberline knew who JTR was he would make the evidence. Police were sort of rough back then. Things got done alot quicker with less fuss. JTR would have had a very difficult time living his life if he had been known. I would expect him to soon crack under the pressure and confess to all. And believe me JTR would be under some pressure.

Comment

I, too, am finding his wit "singular," Mitch.

--J.D.

Comment

Mitch, said it before, I'll say it again. Cornwell has offered up a compelling suspect, the most feasible to date, in my opinion. You will need to read every page of her book to see why. But as to case closed, not a chance.

(P.S. Doctor X is stalking me, she must have an infatuation for me, can't say I blame her. So here she comes.)

Comment

Mitch, said it before, I'll say it again. Cornwell has offered up a compelling suspect, the most feasible to date, in my opinion. You will need to read every page of her book to see why. But as to case closed, not a chance.

(P.S. Doctor X is stalking me, she must have an infatuation for me, can't say I blame her. So here she comes.)
                  Hey..I cant say it wasnt cause it coulda been anybody.
                  But if you think so then I would take a hard look at the torso murders.

Comment

Mitch, the torso murder, by all accounts, has no evidence of Jacks modus operandi. There were many beatings and murders at the time, and continues today. As we all know, Jacks methods were very distinctive.

Comment

This message approved by "Black America." [Tm--Ed.]

--J.D.
                      Last edited by Doctor X; 04-22-2008, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Mitch, the torso murder, by all accounts, has no evidence of Jacks modus operandi. There were many beatings and murders at the time, and continues today. As we all know, Jacks methods were very distinctive.
                        And I dont think Sickert had anything to do with it either. but if it was Sickert. And Sickert employed models. I bet he killed one two of em. Or he lured a woman under the pretense of being a model. If he thought the woman
                        could be connected to him. He would use the same techniques seen in the torso murders.

Comment

Doc, you do understand the phrase ' black america' don't you?

Comment

Mitch, Re: Post #12.
                            Now where on earth did you get that idea?
                            What have you been up to?

Comment

Mitch, Re: Post #12.
                              Now where on earth did you get that idea?
                              What have you been up to?
                              Its called profiling my friend. And the profile says that the guy is going to use ways of luring victims that he is most familiar with. So if Sickert did it. And if Sickert used to hire models then its very likely he lured at least one or more to their deaths. And if the model could be connected to him in some manner she will end up just like the torso murders.

Comment

Working...
                              X