Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
    A question for JTRSickert:

Where do your loyalties reside? It's highly unlikely of course, but what if one day as an nth degree Mason, the identify of JTR is revealed to you by the master Mason on his deathbed? The reveal, predictably, is contingent upon your promise of forever silence on this topic. You promise, of course, and now possess incontrovertible evidence that a certain fellow Mason (does this matter?) was the Ripper. So now what? Do you slip this forum the evidence or not?
    Barnaby,

Despite what you may think, Masons do not conceal another Mason's crimes. We meet, we develop friendships, we do charities, etc. However, if I knew a Mason was guilty of a very serious crime, I would report him to the police like any other law-abiding citizen. In fact, one of the qualifications for being a Mason is that you have a clean criminal record and if you are guilty of a crime, you are expelled from the order. So, if JTR was revealed to be a Mason, I would still reveal his identity. I am a proud Mason, but I am a law-abiding American citizen, first & foremost.

Murder goes against all the principles Freemasonry preaches, though ironically, many of its rituals are based on the apocryphal murder of Hiram Abiff.
    I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

JTR now you are no longer sleeping do you look at the buildings of you country differently ? do you seek to better understand there proportions ? and geomertrys.

Comment

Originally posted by PC Fitzroy-Toye View Post
        JTR now you are no longer sleeping do you look at the buildings of you country differently ? do you seek to better understand there proportions ? and geomertrys.
        Well Fitzroy, one of the principles of the Entered Apprentice degree is that it is encouraged that he study the arts & sciences. Well, even before I got my first degree, I was fascinated by the architecture of Masonic buildings, such as the Grand Lodge located here in Philadelphia and the House of the temple located in Washington D.C., not to mention several other buildings in the DC Metropolitan area.

Not to mention, in the United States, the Masonic symbol has the letter "G" in the center, which can stand for "God" or "Great Architect of the Universe" but it primarily stands for Geometry.
        I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

Originally posted by JTRSickert View Post
          Well Fitzroy, one of the principles of the Entered Apprentice degree is that it is encouraged that he study the arts & sciences. Well, even before I got my first degree, I was fascinated by the architecture of Masonic buildings, such as the Grand Lodge located here in Philadelphia and the House of the temple located in Washington D.C., not to mention several other buildings in the DC Metropolitan area.

Not to mention, in the United States, the Masonic symbol has the letter "G" in the center, which can stand for "God" or "Great Architect of the Universe" but it primarily stands for Geometry.
          Agreed if we take to a transformative path in life a taste for many arts is a fine foundation. I also have a fascination for the constructs of man and the way they can compel a mood in us by there geomantics, proportions and alignment whether we stand among ancient stones, lodges or houses of god or rule they have a resonance about them dont you think?
          Last edited by PC Fitzroy-Toye; 01-26-2014, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X