Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good talk ?

Hey there,

Just wondering if I could post this here. I just would like to chat with someone about everything and nothing. I like literature, especially Russian one (I always think that the Dostoievsky i'm reading is the best i've ever read until i read the next, oh and Boulgakov is stunning too), British one of course and French classics. I also like music, mostly rock (Nick Cave, The Kills, ...) 70s rock, electro (Fever Ray, The Knife, IAMX, ...) and everything a bit "strange" ( would develop if wanted), historical movies and series (lately The Pacific stuck me). My main interest is of course the Ripper, Victorian era and crimes, but i also fancy WWI, Antiquity, and History in general, and Arts of all times. And I'm really open-minded, which means i would love to discover new things.
    If that rings a bell inside you, contact me, just for some words or longer sentences ...

lit

Hello EJH. Dostoevsky? Sure! Your feelings are mine here.

Victorian? Anything in Hardy, Conrad or Dickens (Conrad is almost too late; Dickens, on the early side).

If you wish to discuss British literature, I am at:

lcates@hotmail.com

or PM me.

Hope you love Tennyson.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

WW1....happy to chat....

Your call as to subject....

Comment

Thanks Lynn.
        Fleetwood Mac : are you a fan of the band ? What do you mean by "your call as to subject" ? (English is not my first language, sorry)

Comment

good chat? anything goes, I hope!

Dostoevsky?
          wondelful, but Russian novels are hard, man!
          What about Trollope?
          I'd love to discuss him.
          or anyone else, let's face it, the victorians (I mean this loosely, not just the brits) were the founders of the novel as we like it.
          let loose man!
          A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. (O Wilde)

Comment

I love a book more when it's hard !!!
            But you're right, 19th century's novels are the greatest that have been written and nowadays' ones are only poor copies ... a bitter assessment for the writer I am haha !
            Trollope ? All right, "mp" me as soon as you like !

Comment

Working...
            X