Whitechapel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitechapel recommissioned.

It's coming back, although it has nowt to do with JTR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radical Joe View Post
      It's coming back, although it has nowt to do with JTR.

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press...l/default.html
      I think I'd prefer to see them tackle new, original crimes rather than more copy cat murders. But might be interesting.

Comment

• Based on the crimes of the Krays. That's interesting.
        Regards Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Cubitt View Post
          I think I'd prefer to see them tackle new, original crimes rather than more copy cat murders. But might be interesting.

Then it'd just be 'The Bill'...............Ratclffe highway murders...That'd be fun....
          Steve

Comment

• You never know, this time next year we could be hearing the announcement of a third series of Whitechapel, this time based on a fairground promoter who keeps someone in a cage who bears a passing resemblance to some animal or other....

All the best
            Andrew

Comment

• We're just getting this in Ontario on TVO. They're 2 episodes in. But I bought the dvd when I was last in the UK so I had already watched it. I worked out the killer within ten seconds of meeting him, but then the name clued me in. Actually I quite enjoyed it. And I liked the team a lot. But how they're going to work the Krays in is beyond me. How are they going to start off:

Hey, you remember when we had that Jack the Ripper copycat??

Yeah.

Well don't look now...

I agree, they should do contemporary original crime. The writing's good enough and so is the acting. Using JtR as a jump-off is a sexy idea but you can't sustain the copycat crap. Especially since the Krays weren't spree/serial killers. They killed people in the course of their business. Nothing romantic or atmospheric than that.

Comment

• Of course, since I live in Ohio, we will probably never see it...even IF BBC America decides to show. I still get Doctor Who's a season late...

Comment

• Hello Gman992!

That's the benefit of living in Europe;

We usually get that stuff in Finland only a few weeks later!

All the best
                  Jukka
                  "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

• Good script, good team of actors, good mood, many factual errors but still very interresting to watch. Actually, it leaded me to JtR.

Comment

• If it was so well written, could someone explain the relevance of naming Hutchinson as the likely 1888 killer? It would have made narrative sense had the detectives used the Hutchinson connection to predict that the copycat would come forward in the guise of a witness after the final killing. But since the denouement didn't pan out in that way, I'm utterly baffled.

Regards.

Garry Wroe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garry Wroe View Post
                        If it was so well written, could someone explain the relevance of naming Hutchinson as the likely 1888 killer? It would have made narrative sense had the detectives used the Hutchinson connection to predict that the copycat would come forward in the guise of a witness after the final killing. But since the denouement didn't pan out in that way, I'm utterly baffled.

Regards.

Garry Wroe.
                        The final killing goes wrong, Garry, that's why...

Amitiés,
                        David

Comment

• Originally posted by Gman992 View Post
                          Of course, since I live in Ohio, we will probably never see it...even IF BBC America decides to show. I still get Doctor Who's a season late...
                          i saw a few clips of it online n i wood like to see it but i can only find on PAL not NTSC on Amazon, I also found it on iTunes for only $5 for all 3 episodes (not sure how it works in the UK iTunes store or how much it wood be) but for those of us who don't have dvd players that play PAL dvds its on option, If i brake down n but it i'll give my review.

Comment

• Only five dollars, I spent 20 pounds on mine, well worth it though. It's a great little show.

Comment

• Just heard its coming back for a third series. Friends house being scouted as a possible location. Can't imagine what crime spree they will base a third series on.

Comment

• Sidney Street?

Comment

Working...
                                X