No announcement yet.

The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recently just had another hypothesis for the explanation of the apron and graffito.

Go to this post, #7

I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

• If its author is Jack and if he killed Eddowes AND Stride, it should read :
      "The Lipskies are the men who will not be blamed for nothing"

More seriously, I don't think it's adressing to Lawende & co, as we are not sure he saw them. We're not even sure that the guy they saw was Jack.
      If he wrote it, it's a red-herring. But I think it was there before the apron, if it looked new, it could have been written just few hours before by some schoolboy or someone else.
      How do you vote btw ? I can't : too late ?

Comment

• Hi EJH

I have no doubt about Sailor Man. He's the WM. Lawende is definitely our best witness.

Amitiés,
        David

Comment

• Hello EjH!

Well, it could very well have been just a prank, that turned out more seriously than intended!

All the best
          Jukka
          "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

• Hello Jukka,

Or it could have been a policeman....

best wishes

Phil
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
            Accountability? ....

Comment

• Hello phil!

Yes, it could have been a policeman... once again!

Well, though I present my ancient theory from the 1970s about a policeman as Jack the Ripper every now and then, believe it or not; I am not obsessive about it!

It's more probable, that his trade would surprise us completely, if Saucy Jacky could be found beyond a reasonable doubt!

All the best
              Jukka
              "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

• On the question of how prevalent wall writing was in the area, I thought this excerpt from Edwin Pugh's contribution to Living London (1906) was interesting:
                Wentworth Street - a street of ugly, featureless houses, all built alike. Each ground floor is a shop and the curb on either side of the road is cumbered with stalls ... On every side, un-English faces, un-English wares, un-English writings on the walls.
                [Quoted in W. J. Fishman, Into the Abyss (2008), p. 77, citing Living London, vol. 1, p. 365.]

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                  .... un-English writings on the walls.[/I]
                  Hello Chris,

Nice find!
                  Yes, makes one wonder, doesn't it...

best wishes

Phil
                  Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                  Accountability? ....

Comment

• My .02$

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                    Hello Chris,

Nice find!
                    Yes, makes one wonder, doesn't it...

best wishes

Phil
                    In my humble opinion, I don't believe that Jack the Ripper wrote the grafitti. Usually, the simplest solution is the correct one. I think it is a bit of disgruntled anti-semitic grafitti that a worker put up and just wasn't noticed.
                    Last edited by YankeeSergeant; 02-06-2011, 07:37 PM. Reason: Spelling.
                    Neil "Those who forget History are doomed to repeat it." - Santayana

Comment

• I belive that JtR wrote the GSG. The PC had passed it earlier and neither the graffiti nor the apron was spotted by him. Next time around he saw them both and also thought they were connected-so i will go with what the police at the time thought.

Also, the night of the double event was probably the first time JtR thought that he had been seen well by witnesses who he knew were jewish so he may have thought that it was the time to try and cast blame on them.

Comment

• I don't think he did write this at all. Isn't there evidence to suggest that it was slightly faded? Meaning, it had been there some time. Put into context, there were two police forces looking for the same killer, I beleive he killed Stride.

As cocky as he may have appeared at times, did he really want to risk getting caught writing a message about Juwes?!

Comment

• Yes Im sure he did. A rather unclear message perhaps, but in the frantic mind of the murderer at the time it was written, it would have made perfect sense.

Comment

• Was he frantic?

Monty
                            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Did he?

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                              Was he frantic?

Monty
                              It is plausible that Jack wrote the grafitti but it is equally plausible that the constable didn't see it. He was not looking for it he was more intent,(I would hope) on looking for people committing crimes such as burglary etc and if the doors etc looked as if they were proper would he notice the grafitti? MA=any of you believe he would and since being on the boards here, I've come to respect the intelligence of all of you but I still have doubts that Jack did the grafitti. For me, it's a matter of time available. I just don't know that there was enough time for him to pull that off.
                              Neil "Those who forget History are doomed to repeat it." - Santayana

Comment

• Coming very belatedly to this discussion. I voted "No".

I have always thought that the simplest and most likely explanation was that "Jack" killed and mutilated Eddowes, found his hands had become bloody and covered in faeces, and took part of his victim's apron to wipe them.

He cleaned himself as he walked away from the murder scene, and discarded the cloth fragment (if its size will allow that word to be used) in a convenient entryway as he passed.

It is JUST possible that he stepped into the shadows of the dwelling doorway to avoid a passerby and dropped the apron portion at his feet.

I do not believe that he used the apron-portion to carry away body parts. There is no evidence that he did so with Chapman. Neither do I think he went indoors and came out again, or dropped the cloth to draw attention to, or send a message to, someone else.

Neither am I of the opinion that Jack left messages. Had he done so or wished to do so, he could easily have left a message near Chapman. Moreover the graffito as we have it recorded is nonsense - no one since has ever convincingly made out its meaning.

But above all, I do not see "Jack" as a man who thought about such things - beforehand he was focused on finding a victim. I am sure it was they who led him to "safe" places known to them, and afterwards I see him as too hyped-up to consider leaving graffiti or planting clues.

I may, naturally, be wrong on all these points, or some of them. New evidence may lead us to change our minds in all sorts of ways, but we can work only with what we have.

Phil
                                Last edited by Phil H; 05-12-2011, 04:01 PM. Reason: to correct a spelling mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X