Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	671403

Great! I look forward to going.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleuth1888 View Post
      Great! I look forward to going.
      Me too, so that's at least a tenner for the worthy cause.

Comment

Damnit Janet!

This sounds great, I hope you get a lovely crisp day for it.
        As I'm stuck up here in Snowy Glasgow, I'll have to pass.

This may sound like a daft question, but is there such a thing as a virtual tour?

Or anything like it?

I am feeling geographic ally disadvantaged.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
          Damnit Janet!

This sounds great, I hope you get a lovely crisp day for it.
          As I'm stuck up here in Snowy Glasgow, I'll have to pass.

This may sound like a daft question, but is there such a thing as a virtual tour?

Or anything like it?

I am feeling geographic ally disadvantaged.
          You know I spoke with a member here a few years back about the, in my opinion, potential profitability of running a service that allows one to take the walk from any electronic device anywhere in the world at any time. Almost any smart phone could capture all that is needed to create the product.

I think being able to deliver this experience 24-7 could be huge business. Developing web content isn't my forte, but I'm sure someone out there could do well with this.
          Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
            You know I spoke with a member here a few years back about the, in my opinion, potential profitability of running a service that allows one to take the walk from any electronic device anywhere in the world at any time. Almost any smart phone could capture all that is needed to create the product.

I think being able to deliver this experience 24-7 could be huge business. Developing web content isn't my forte, but I'm sure someone out there could do well with this.
            Thanks Michael.

I tend to agree with you in that I am sure there would be a large uptake of such a service, I think it would also add immeasurably to the debates here on the message boards.

I recently posted on the boards suggesting that the creation of a virtual walk-through of all the murder sites and related environs is the next logical step for those who are serious about taking the study of the Whitechapel murders to the next level (link below).

Discussion for general Whitechapel geography, mapping and routes the killer might have taken. Also the place for general census information and "what was it like in Whitechapel" discussions.

It never really engendered any real response, which I think was a pity.

However, short of someone turning up a dusty document or long lost witness statement, it seems that we probably have all the evidence we ever will have in relation to the murders.

If that is indeed the case, it seems to me that unless we push forward with something like a virtual walk-through of the murder sites we are condemned to perpetually debate and discuss all aspects of the case, for ever, and ever, and ever.........................

Comment

Working...
            X