channel five documentry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatBradshaw View Post
    Thanks for pointing out when next week is Andrew!!
    Cheeky! It could have been next week on another day other than Tuesday!

Andrew

Comment

I have never been able to picture Miller's Court so I am really looking forward to that bit.
      In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Very impressive and congratulations to everybody.I loved the reconstructions---very impressive and interesting.I particularly liked Paul Begg"s concise wording and Neal Shelden"s thoughtful presentation of the women.Look forward to the next episode.

Comment

It was very good and with few mistakes.

Comment

So that is what all those folks with familiar sounding voices do between Rippercasts... I enjoyed it and would be interested to know if this is the quality of documentary channel 5 intends to maintain under their new owner.
            There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

The Albert Cadosch walk by the fence made me laugh

Comment

The chap in Berner Street was carrying a modern briefcase and not a Gladstone bag.

Comment

Thought it had some good moments, a few little mistakes though, when they started on The Double Event, they said it took place on September 20th and a few other little things. However it did not detract from the otherwise excellent narrative.

Got chills down the spine, many times, looking at all the old streets, beautifully recreated with CGI. Quite spooky and am looking forward to next week.

Comment

The CGI streets looked good but they were too clean. They would have been filthy and knee deep in horse poo.

Comment

They showed Swanson plonking away on his typewriter but weren't all his reports handwritten?

Comment

Yes very good – I thought it said part two was on Thursday!
                        For a ‘normal’ viewer I suspect it wasn’t sensational enough – i.e. the bodies were half out of shot all the time or out of focus.

A few minor criticisms.

I am sure I saw a goatee beard on one of the Guardsmen on the ID line up.
                        There were two gas lights in Bucks Row. Probably to provide light to show what was going on, but a vital part of the situation was that nearly all the events were played out in almost pitch darkness. Obviously this is difficult to convey in a visual experience like a TV show, but I think they should have made the very dark scenes much darker.
                        Certain other aspects of the Polly Nichols case weren’t quite right. It made it sound as if she went off into the night in trepidation, rather than a bit cocky and drunk. I think her head was towards Brady, but they had her feet pointing that way. I might be wrong there though. Also Robert Paul was much too close.

Comment

Didn't they show Cross and Paul finding Nichols body together? Cross found it first then Paul came along.

Comment

Yes, I thought that was very good on the whole.

On one minor point, does anyone know why Israel Schwartz was described as being 22? As far as I know there's no direct evidence of the age of the witness. The likeliest candidate (to my mind) would have been about 24 in 1888.

Comment

The leather apron was shown found lying in the middle of the backyard at Hanbury Street. Surely it was under the tap on the wall? I thought I heard the voiceover say that 40 Berner Street was on the east side of the street but it was actually on the west side. I might have misheard that though.

Comment

It all appeared quite brightly lit and didn't convey how dark the streets actually were. I can't find a reference for Mrs Long saying that the man she saw was wearing a low crowned felt hat. I thought a deerstalker was mentioned in the papers at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X