Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick Geiryd View Post
    *** Spoiler-Warning ***

Don't continue reading if you're playing tha game or plan to!

Hi Christine!

There are many historical persons in the game, both actual suspects and witnesses, but the developers of the game have come up with their own theory which I think is as good any other.
    Thank you!
    Me?
    For the memory of my sweet, ambereyed and animal-loving mother (1932-2007). Be happy in Heaven.

Comment

I started the game. The art is great, but the game is nonsensical in it's early staged. What I mean by that is that it is about several little taks that have to be performed without options. Much like every early text adventures. I don't wish to condemn it yet, but I don't have high hopes.

Cheers,

Mike
      huh?

Comment

Update: The game is fun and a lot of thought went into the connecting of witness statements to the crimes. Actually, the Hanbury street deductions are really laid out concisely and without seeming bias.

In the credits, Casebook.Org is mentioned.

It is worthwhile, especially with regards to crime scene reconstructions and surmises.

Cheers,

Mike
        huh?

Comment

here's the editorial and the ad-page from the german edition .-))

take care
          thomas.
          Attached Files
          editor jacktheripper.de

Comment

Yo, I've the videos for this game on youtube and I have to say I was impressed by the amount of information thet put into that game. Best of all ,they came up with a plausible scenario about who the killer was instead of using the old cliche' of using the Royal Conspiracy theory. For anyone into the JTR murders and likes computer mystery games, I highly recommend it. I give it a 10/10 for specifics.

Honestly, they should've made the premise of this game into a movie. It would be awesome Sherlock Homes and JTR, highly interesting.

Here's another interesting concept (for those of you who watch BBC1 and BBC America): "Doctor Who" meets Jack the Ripper. That be an interesting story.
            I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
              I started the game. The art is great, but the game is nonsensical in it's early staged. What I mean by that is that it is about several little taks that have to be performed without options. Much like every early text adventures. I don't wish to condemn it yet, but I don't have high hopes.

Cheers,

Mike
              I'm in the early stages of the game now and am contemplating quiting because of this very reason. And then I get to the task where you have to break the lock on a briefcase and it is sheer trial-and-error (unless you google it). How boring!

Comment

Barnaby,

It gets better, and the actual case investigations are quite thoughtful. If you are using a laptop, sometimes the screen is a bit small to see necessary items. Also, when making deductions, there is no clarity on how to manipulate data and move things round on the various deduction boards. If you move things and the border of an object turns green, leave it be and go on to the next thing.

It was a decent game once I got to Hanbury.

Mike
                huh?

Comment

I actually also thoroughly enjoyed the game. There's a little bit of things here and there that are a bit iffy but other than that for a PC game its pretty accurate when it comes to the murder scenes.

Regards,
                  Justin
                  They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Originally posted by JTRSickert View Post

Honestly, they should've made the premise of this game into a movie. It would be awesome Sherlock Homes and JTR, highly interesting.

Here's another interesting concept (for those of you who watch BBC1 and BBC America): "Doctor Who" meets Jack the Ripper. That be an interesting story.
                    Indeed the 1965 film "A Study In Terror" pitted Sherlock Holmes against the Ripper, and again in the 1979 film "Murder By Decree" where Holmes uncovers the Royal/Masonic conspiracy. Further a script for the original Dr Who series was apparently written but never filmed before the axing of the serial in 1989.Jack seems to have made numerous appearances in science fiction including star Trek, Babylon 5 and even versus Batman in a DC comic! http://io9.com/5112504/science-ficti...ack-the-ripper... http://roswell.fortunecity.com/angelic/96/eod.htm

Comment

The best Ripper/Sci-Fi tie in has to be, without a doubt, "Time After Time." David Warner gives one of the most chilling Ripper performances on-screen.
                      I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

Originally posted by JTRSickert View Post
                        The best Ripper/Sci-Fi tie in has to be, without a doubt, "Time After Time." David Warner gives one of the most chilling Ripper performances on-screen.
                        I really like that movie. Wonderful Victorian-era opening, and McDowell is cast against type as a nerdy hero instead of sleazoid.
                        Me?
                        For the memory of my sweet, ambereyed and animal-loving mother (1932-2007). Be happy in Heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine1932 View Post
                          I really like that movie. Wonderful Victorian-era opening, and McDowell is cast against type as a nerdy hero instead of sleazoid.
                          Agreed. Great performance by McDowell. Must see.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post

I'm a fan of that film. Might have to look out my old VHS copy.

Comment

You can also get it on DVD.

But anyway, if anyone has completed the Sherlock Homes/Ripper game, does anyone agree that it's conclusions seem plausible (without giving it away to the other members, of course)

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
                                Me?

Comment

Working...
                                X