Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kensei View Post
    Captain,
    Have not seen Blood of the Innocent but I have read "Gotham by Gaslight" in which Batman battles the Ripper, and a novel called "Sherlock Holmes vs. Dracula." There is also a short story entitled "Gentlemen of the Shade" by Harry Turtledove in which the Ripper is himself a vampire.
    Hi Kensei,

I've got "Gotham by Gaslight" - quite good, I thought - and I read "Gentlemen of the Shade" in an anthology. Forget which. I haven't seen "Sherlock Holmes vs. Dracula" but I have read a novel called something like "The Adventure of the Sanguinary Count". Is this the one you're referring to?

Cheers
    Hook (aka Eduardo).
    Asante Mungu leo ni Ijumaa.
    Old Swahili Proverb

Comment

The chess quote fits with Holmes being adept. He is a classic manipulator. He often abuses the trust Watson places in him.
      There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Hook View Post
        Hi Kensei,

I've got "Gotham by Gaslight" - quite good, I thought - and I read "Gentlemen of the Shade" in an anthology. Forget which. I haven't seen "Sherlock Holmes vs. Dracula" but I have read a novel called something like "The Adventure of the Sanguinary Count". Is this the one you're referring to?

Cheers
        Hook (aka Eduardo).
        Yes, that is the Homes-Dracula story. I think the "Adventure of the Sanguinary Count" line was its subtitle. And the anthology was just called "Ripper!", a collection of short stories by various authors edited by Gardner Dozois and Susan Casper, put out in 1988 for the centennial.

Comment

I do believe that Dracular is in one of the Further Adventures, short novels currently being reprinted. There is also "the whitechappel horror" in the series, no prizes for guessing who that is about.
          There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

There is an entertaining book called Ten Years Beyond Baker Street in which Holmes does battle with Fu Manchu. It's many years since I read it but I remember enjoying it greatly. I think the author was called Cay van Ash or something like that.

Best wishes,
            Steve.

Comment

Working...
            X