Crime Classics - Good Evening, My Name Is Jack the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crime Classics - Good Evening, My Name Is Jack the Ripper

I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard the old CBS radio show " Crime Classics" that was on the air from 1953-1954, they did an episode (may have been the last one of the series as well) called "Good Evening, My Name Is Jack the Ripper"

it is available on multiple old radio show web sites, most of which you can listen to for free.

Worth a listen even if just for the fact they credit him with 7 murders.

enjoy

Steadmund Brand
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Wow! Thanks!

On the utoobe. MJK-"What kind of man would do killins' like that?" Landlady-"That kind of man that did it. There's all kinds, you should know." Spectacular. To be honest, if I had to listen to them voices, I'd be quite saucy meself. Me thinks I do. Awesome. Much appreciation. I like how they all gots the blond air' and dark eyes. Splendid.
    Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

Einz mehr

Narrator-"As she was lifting his key, from, wherever..."
      Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

Apologies, one more then I'm shutting up for reals

Narrator-"...when "MJK" was kissing an apprentice seaman, and making a sailor out of him..." Snicker. I've never lost that Sophemoric quality. Apologies. Truly enjoyed this. Excellent. Many blessings.
        Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

Glad you seem to like it.. it is an odd little find is it not, it even pre dates Farson's show ( I believe.. not that it's on the same level).

Fun stuff indeed.

that series is actually quite fun.. there are episodes about Lizzy Borden, Burke and Hare, assassination of Trotsky (also Lincoln and Caesar) and several other true crime cases, worth a listen.

Steadmund Brand
          "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Are any of them downloadable? Unless I can manage to make a CD, and listen in the car, I probably won't get to hear it.

Comment

I think you should be able to download from some of the sites, I am not sure to be honest, but they are on several sites i know myoldradio.com is one but not sure if you can download, but i know you can listen.

hope you can enjoy

Steadmund Brand

Comment

For reference:

https://archive.org/details/OTRR_Crime_Classics_Singles

"Good Evening, My Name Is Jack the Ripper" is the last one in the playlist.
                Last edited by Zena; 12-30-2013, 03:02 AM. Reason: Oops, didn't realize the thread was an old one.

Comment

Hi Dig..,

Your Cockerney is flawless. Certainly more authentic than my Tennessian.

Regards,

MrB
                  Last edited by MrBarnett; 12-30-2013, 05:19 AM. Reason: missing word

Comment

Working...
                  X