• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mike,

What fits even better?

Regards,

Simon
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
      Hi Mike,

What fits even better?

Regards,

Simon
      With all the facts or a tad bit of cherry picking? Simon, you (and Trevor only) still believe Tumblety was in prison during the Kelly murder, yet David obliterated your logic. Sorry.

Mike
      The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
      http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately, he didn't.

Sorry to disappoint.

Regards,

Simon
        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
          Hi Mike,

Unfortunately, he didn't.

Sorry to disappoint.

Regards,

Simon
          Thank you, Simon. Remind me, which part was David mistaken?

Mike
          The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
          http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

Originally posted by mklhawley View Post
            Thank you, Simon. Remind me, which part was David mistaken?

Mike
            The main part where he suggests Tumblety could have been bailed between his arrest, and before his bail was granted and officially recorded on Nov 16th.

But I am not going to be drawn into the same arguments on this issue they have been done to death. The facts have been presented people can either accept or reject them, its as simple as that.

I dont think you have ever presented any tangible "evidence" which gave the police grounds to suspect him. For him to have been arrested as you suggest there would have had to have been some reasonable suspicion.

I am sure the world is waiting to hear what that reasonable suspicion was, where it came from, and how it was obtained, and what was the strength of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
              The main part where he suggests Tumblety could have been bailed between his arrest, and before his bail was granted and officially recorded on Nov 16th.
              If there is one thing that is perfectly clear, it is that Tumblety could have been out on bail on 8 November.

Comment

This is from Joe:

Last week, Mike showed me the April 15, 1907 Evening Star article and we talked about the sentence where it was written that Tumblety "was found dead in the grounds of a hospital" in St. Louis. I told Mike that the only other report I've ever seen that spoke of Tumblety being found dead on hospital grounds was in the April 16, 1907 Washington Post. And I mentioned how Robert posted that Washington Post article eight years ago on the Casebook.

In reality, Tumblety was never found dead outdoors on hospital grounds. But I'm guessing that those two 1907 newspaper accounts were referring to the Monday May 25, 1903 incident when Tumblety collapsed on the outside steps of the hospital. After that fall, Tumblety was taken to his hospital bed where he died three days later. I suppose now is a good time to talk about it since May 28th was the 113th anniversary of his death.

And yes, Robert is correct about Chris Scott being the one who found the Washington Post article. Chris was a great researcher and a generous man.

Comment

Working...
                X