Chris Scott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Scott

It is with deep sadness that we have learned that Chris Scott, a noted Ripperologist and researcher, has passed away. There is not a single person in Ripperology who has not benefited from his tireless research and giving nature. We have lost one of the best of us.

Rest in peace, Chris.

There's a lot of newbies posting these days and it's scary to think, but many of them may not be familiar with Chris Scott. However, if they've ever spent hours pouring through the Casebook Press Reports section, then they've spent hours with Chris Scott.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Wow. Shock. Many prayers to all of his loved ones.
      The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
      http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

shocking

Hello Admin. Shocking news. Great loss to ripper research.

Prayers with the family.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
          It is with deep sadness that we have learned that Chris Scott, a noted Ripperologist and researcher, has passed away. There is not a single person in Ripperology who has not benefited from his tireless research and giving nature. We have lost one of the best of us.
          I could not have put it better myself. We've lost a great contributor, and a lovely, lovely man.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post

Rest in peace, Chris.
            Yes I'll just quote this as well, as it says it all.

Thanks, Chris.

JM

Comment

He told me before Christmas that the operation had worked but the convalescence would be very slow. He said he was being well looked after. I'm sure he was.

My condolences to his family. It may help them a little bit to know that Chris was universally liked and respected. His sole mission was to increase our knowledge of the case, and he did that over the course of more than ten years, without any arrogance or pulling of rank. When I first started to do research he was very encouraging. In fact he was the one I most wanted to be like.

RIP Chris.

Comment

Very sad an unexpected news.
                Chris will be remembered and missed by many.
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Damn. A bad week for me has just been made a hundred times worse... I'm not very good in these sorts of things, but I met Chris through the podcasts and his postings here. I always enjoyed his contributions on any topic. It's a great loss to this site and the research in general.

Does Anyone know what he was currently working on (if he was able to do so, I don't know what limitations his recooperation placed on him)?

Comment

" M J K "

Hello CFL. He was projecting an updated version of his book on "MJK."

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

I wish to pass along my condolences to the family and friends of Chris Scott.

Chris came to Casebook with new and interesting finds. I always looked forward to his posts. His most recent Ripperologist article about Sarah Lewis was a delight.

Roy
                      Sink the Bismark

Comment

I never met Chris, other than here, but RIP and love and best wishes to his family.
                        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Is it possible to shed a tear for someone you never met, never once talked to? I'm here to tell you that it is. Ripperology is just a hobby for me, but I've been on Casebook for about 11 to 12 years now, and Chris Scott's research through the years has brought a greater understanding to all things Ripper....a top-notch researcher, and a class act as well. He will truly be missed.

p.s. I am of the belief that we will never know who Mary Jane Kelly was. Because if Chris Scott can't find you, baby, you ain't never gonna be found. RIP
                          Last edited by Brenda; 03-22-2014, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Sad news indeed.A fine person.

Comment

Another tragic loss. I think Chris knows who the Ripper was now and everything else about the case. Rest in peace Chris and my condolences to your family.
                              This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                              X