No announcement yet.

Can we profile the Ripper from the GSG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe Jack had a bolt-hole at the Travelodge?
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      Thanks Sam and Patrick!!
      that's very interesting for any suspects that were staying there at the time. so goulston street is on the way directly there.

If Long missed it the first time around, then that would make sense for someone heading straight back to the Victoria house, and dropping it there on the way.

and if it wasn't there the first time around, the Victoria house is close enough that it would be easy to go there first, get cleaned up, drop stuff off and go out again literally around the corner to drop it..
      Interesting.
      Wasn't that where Hutchinson stayed Abby
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
        yes it was.
        "Is all that we see or seem
        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
          Thanks Sam and Patrick!!
          that's very interesting for any suspects that were staying there at the time. so goulston street is on the way directly there.
          Indeed. Mind you, if I'd cut off the map a little higher, we'd be in very familiar territory. The lodging houses of Thrawl Street, Fashion Street, Flower & Dean Street, Brick Lane and Dorset Street were all within a three-minute walk of the Victoria Home. The Goulston Street doorway would have been a convenient stopping-off point for anyone heading to "Doss-house Central" from Mitre Square.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Not only that, but if you draw a line between Mitre Square and the Victoria Home, it goes right through Hutchison Street....

Comment

• Reading some of the comments here recalled an article I read describing an algorithm accomplishing, with much more complexity, what's been discussed here.

Experts believe the Victorian serial killer Jack the Ripper lived in Flower and Dean Street in London’s notorious East End

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                Indeed. Mind you, if I'd cut off the map a little higher, we'd be in very familiar territory. The lodging houses of Thrawl Street, Fashion Street, Flower & Dean Street, Brick Lane and Dorset Street were all within a three-minute walk of the Victoria Home. The Goulston Street doorway would have been a convenient stopping-off point for anyone heading to "Doss-house Central" from Mitre Square.
                Heading straight for Dorset Street.
                My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                  Heading straight for Dorset Street.
                  Possibly, but the Victoria Home and the doss-houses of Thrawl Street, Fashion Street, Flower & Dean Street and White's Row were all closer to the Goulston Street doorway than Dorset Street, and those of Brick Lane about equidistant. There were a LOT of lodging-houses crammed into that small area.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• White's Row,then Dorset and Thrawl being equidistant.

Victoria Home surely had a rule banning Rippers at that time of the morning

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                      Not only that, but if you draw a line between Mitre Square and the Victoria Home, it goes right through Hutchison Street....
                      I sense a Hutchinson based conspiracy theory formulating there Joshua
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                        Where lived witness Joseph Hyam Levy.

Comment

I believe its also where Daniel Barnett stayed...and that there is a story that has Mary being seen with Daniel earlier in the week.
                          Michael Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                            Victoria Home surely had a rule banning Rippers at that time of the morning
                            They insisted on their residents taking a charcoal biscuit before going to bed, specifically to prevent unwanted rippers fouling the air
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
                              I believe its also where Daniel Barnett stayed...and that there is a story that has Mary being seen with Daniel earlier in the week.
                              I remember that story Michael but I can't recall where I read it?
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                                They insisted on their residents taking a charcoal biscuit before going to bed, specifically to prevent unwanted rippers fouling the air
                                ROFL. You Brits and sanitation.

Good to see you have another use for willow ash

Comment

Working...
                                X