RIP The Greatest of ALL TIME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP The Greatest of ALL TIME

RIP Champ......that's all I can say now....you shook up the world, and made it a better place.....I will miss you...the world will miss you...but most of all we will celebrate you....you will always and forever be The Greatest....

Steadmund Brand
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

It's a sad day for boxing and for sport. He was the greatest heavyweight champion. RIP Mohammed Ali.

Comment

Not just a great boxer, but a great showman as well.

Float like a Butterfly, great man.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Superb showman, gifted comedian, and dominated boxing using two completely different styles. We're all very lucky to have seen him.

Comment

Whether he went by Clay or Ali, he stung like a bee. Rest in peace, sir.
          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
          ---------------
          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
          ---------------

Comment

He was an astonishing athlete and truly transcended his sport.

There have been many books written about Ali, but the best by a country mile is "King of the World" by David Remnick.

If you really want to understand the impact Ali had on American society both political and racial, this book is a must!

Comment

He is one of the icons of our youth, and did transcend boxing as no other figure since probably Joe Lewis and Jack Johnson did in their times. In retrospect I feel his real decline began with the second fight with Leon Spinks, which looked odd (he said he was teaching Spinks during the fight, but I sometimes wondered if he was resting during it). Oddest fight I ever watched.

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                RIP Champ......that's all I can say now....you shook up the world, and made it a better place.....I will miss you...the world will miss you...but most of all we will celebrate you....you will always and forever be The Greatest....

Steadmund Brand
                Thanks, Steadmund. An incredible athlete and human being. RIP Champ indeed.
                Christopher T. George
                Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Goodbye, Muhammad Ali. Rest in peace.
                  - Ginger

Comment

A great boxer, a great man, and a great human. The world is a better place for the part he's played in humanity.
                    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
                    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
                    ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

He could take a joke, too :

I do not own the rights to this clip. all rights are reserved to there rightful owners

Comment

There will be a very special TALK2Q radio podcast on Wednesday 06-08-2016 as a tribute to Ali..... That Brian Young fellah with the great voice will be one of the guests...the show can be streamed live.. or will be available anytime once complete....please give a listen if you have a chance... You can even call in and share an Ali memory or thought...or feel free to go onto the chat page and send a message to the show that way, for those overseas or who can't call in.

Thank you

Steadmund Brand
                        Last edited by Steadmund Brand; 06-07-2016, 04:55 AM.
                        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                          There will be a very special TALK2Q radio podcast on Wednesday 06-08-2016 as a tribute to Ali..... That Brian Young fellah with the great voice will be one of the guests...the show can be streamed live.. or will be available anytime once complete....please give a listen if you have a chance... You can even call in and share an Ali memory or thought...or feel free to go onto the chat page and send a message to the show that way, for those overseas or who can't call in.

Thank you

Steadmund Brand
                          Is there a link.
                          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

So sorry...this should work, or at least take you to his site....may be a menu on it for the live feed...send him a message...he would love to hear from Australia!!!

Steadmund Brand

Comment

I hope my comment went through.

It's the anniversary of that other Ali v Frazier fight on 8 June, the daughters met in the ring.

I addressed it to the Hoid looking bloke from his better looking Aussie adopted twin.
                              G U T

Comment

Working...
                              X