No announcement yet.

Royal baby's name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Mia Farrow is who since Peyton Place?

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
      Francoise Hollande? Who? Oh you mean Froggy Dutch...

All the best

Dave
      Thanks Dave ! I can't believe Doughnut the 1st is famous abroad !
      Waaa, ça fait chaud au cœur......................

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
        You do know that Mia Farrow thinks 'Mandela' would be a good name...
        Mia, shut ut and go sit down. Have you called your son Gandhi ? Ho Chi Min ?

Comment

Just googled it.
          She has about 50 children, none of them called Gandhi, or Mandela, even not Nelson.

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
            Just googled it.
            She has about 50 children, none of them called Gandhi, or Mandela, even not Nelson.
            and that little guy with the rifle just hit the target

Peyton Place? What is that?

Comment

Peyton Place? What is that?
              The last role she was any good in

All the best

Dave

Comment

Cheers my dear.

(Peyton Place ? aaarff, no idea. But I bet it's not in Corsica.)

Comment

Blue

The last role she was any good in

All the best

Dave
                  Thought it was in a French movie

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                    Oops. Not used to that, over here it's kind of one stop shopping.
                    All the UK, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and 16 of the Commonwealth nations.

I confess, I do not know much of English, er, Commonwealth history?
                    Say what? We don't refer to Obama as the president of Washington, DC.
                    And Mia Farrow is who since Peyton Place?

Dave
                    Rosemary Woodhouse.
                    Mia, shut ut and go sit down. Have you called your son Gandhi ? Ho Chi Min ?
                    Hey, at least she had the sense to change the name of the kid she had with Woody Allen from "Satchel" to "Ronan." Satchel Paige was a great ballplayer, but the Baseball Hall of Fame is not a good source for baby names. I don't even think I'd name a kid Nolan, let alone Honus, or Pie. Or Shoeless.

There's been a weird fad in the US for about 10 years, of giving kids Medieval professions as names (Conner, Cooper, Fletcher, Hunter, Chandler, Mason); friend of mine swears if he has a kid, he's going to name it "Yeoman Witch-finder." I suggested "Apothecary Minstrel," but he said the kid might get teased.

Comment

Cheers my dear.

(Peyton Place ? aaarff, no idea. But I bet it's not in Corsica.)
                      If my memory serves me correctly, a late 1950s work by Grace Metalious which was televised/serialised in the mid 1960s (64 -70?) ...all sorts of folk premiered in it, including the then very young Mia Farrow...

All the best

Dave

Comment

Sssssit!

Rosemary Woodhouse.
                        Thought that was a somewhat stern woman who trained dogs....

All the best

Dave

Comment

I called my son Ernesto Sayf-al-Islam Mengistu and his psychotherapy is working fine.
                          Where is the problem ?

Comment

Just googled it.
                            To be fair, some of them came already named, but yeah-- those people on TLC who hoard animals-- animal control goes in, and they have 15 cats and 7 dogs in a 2-room house, and they haven't changed the litter box since the Carter administration. They get called "pet hoarders." I think there are children hoarders.

Also, she was quite good in Hannah and Her Sisters, although, I remember seeing it when it first came out, and thinking her relationship with Allen was running out of sand.

Comment

My bitch, who is soberly called Clara, does need no psychotherapy.
                              However, some Schumann's sonatas still have a laxative effect on her.

Comment

"Oops. Not used to that, over here it's kind of one stop shopping."

Originally posted by RivkahChaya View Post
                                Say what? We don't refer to Obama as the president of Washington, DC.
                                One stop meaning one country, Washington is a state.

Comment

Working...
                                X