i blame the latest version of three lions

a **** version
    “be just and fear not”

Comment

USA v. England, one all. Any opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
        Well, if England can't beat a team that includes a guy who plays for Watford I don't rate their chances against the likes of Germany, Argentina, Italy, Brazil, Spain etc. Business as usual for us I suppose. Semi-final top whack.
        allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
          Although England had a great start, they gradually lost grip of the game and in the end were disappointing. Rooney didn't play in the position he should have and was therefore invisible and the wingers, especially Wright-Phillips, were completely harmless.

On the other hand, USA showed to have a rather solid team with the right spirit and some very nice players, especially Donovan and goalkeeper Howard.

All in all, I think it was a well-deserved draw for USA.

Frank
          "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
          Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
            Well, if England can't beat a team that includes a guy who plays for Watford I don't rate their chances against the likes of Germany, Argentina, Italy, Brazil, Spain etc. Business as usual for us I suppose. Semi-final top whack.
            I think they shouldn't worry too much just yet, Stephen, France and Argentina disappointed as well in their first game...
            "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
            Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

In the second half, the England team should have tipped some oil in front of the American keeper. Then he would have gradually lost grip.

Comment

England v. Algeria. I mean, what is going on? Is it because there isn't a decent pub near the pitch? England's heart just doesn't seem to be in this.

Comment

Working...
                X