RIP Rick Parfitt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Rick Parfitt

Rick Parfitt - the guitarist behind one of British rock's most enduring acts - dies aged 68.

"Goodbye Rick Parfitt, you were one of rock's heroes"

"People mocked Status Quo, but they were wrong – this was one of the most powerful British rock bands of all, and at their heart was Rick Parfitt’s crushing rhythm guitar"

More in The Guardian
    Christopher T. George
    Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
    just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
    For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
    RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

RIP Rick, and thank you for all the great music!!

Status Quo never made it big in America, which I always thought was a crime (much like Slade and Be-Bop Deluxe.. all three very underrated bands, and like Status Quo mocked by some for no good reason)

I remember hearing a bootleg of Status Quo live years ago when I was in a band and thought.... WOAH who are these guys....became an instant fan... I'm the first to admit I didn't dig everything they did (how could you with a band that changed so much) but never lost respect, and the Status Quo live at Wembley show in 2013 was like a trip thru time for me... I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it..

Steadmund Brand
      "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

With all his health problems over the years, I always though Francis Rossi would go first.

I've always had a soft spot for the Quo. Although it was anomalous in their career, I maintain that Pictures of Matchstick Men is one of the finest psychedelic songs ever released.
        “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Originally posted by Magpie View Post
          With all his health problems over the years, I always though Francis Rossi would go first.

I've always had a soft spot for the Quo. Although it was anomalous in their career, I maintain that Pictures of Matchstick Men is one of the finest psychedelic songs ever released.
          That songs quirky surrealism reminds me very much of Robin Hitchcocks Balloon Man and I love them both!

Comment

Working...
          X