Modern Drunkard Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern Drunkard Magazine

This magazine is hilarious and will make you feel better about your own drinking habits.

c.d.

You can also read articles from past issues. Love the covers on these.

c.d.

Comment

Many years ago I would have been a founding member
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Alcohol fires the creative ones...

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
        https://www.drunkard.com/56-fi-hemingway/

This magazine is hilarious and will make you feel better about your own drinking habits.

c.d.
        Good article at the above link. No student of English and American literature fails to be aware that many authors use hard drink to fuel (or lubricate) the wheels of creativity, but I was still surprised to read of McCullers and Parker being so enamoured of booze.

When I was much younger, my ambition was to become a writer of creative works. I remember on one visit with my uncle (a retired general of Irish-American extraction) when he was teasing me about not caring for alcohol drinks by reminding me of the famous authors and poets who were drinkers. He rattled off several names, and I retorted, "Yes, Uncle Eddie, but most of them are dead now, too!" He laughed, as did my father and aunt, and conceded the argument to me.

That said, I've nothing against an occasional glass of wine, or some Bailey's Irish Cream in my hot chocolate.
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

There are several good reasons for drinking,
          And another just entered my head.
          If you can'f have a drink when you're living,
          You f-----g well can't when you're dead.

Graham
          We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

I believe it was Frank Sinatra who said "if you don't drink, when you wake up in the morning that it the best that you are going to feel all day."

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
              You can also read articles from past issues. Love the covers on these.

c.d.
              The past issues also highlight some individual and what he drinks on a regular basis as well as the amounts. These people are serious drinkers.

c.d.

Comment

Hello Pat,

You are right that writers and booze seem to go hand in hand. I always liked the story told about Faulkner. Apparently one of his relatives said to him "say Bill, are you drunk when you write those stories? To which Faulkner replied "not always."

c.d.

Comment

Working...
                X