X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried...?

Originally posted by Phil H View Post
    Stewart,
    I have another title on the case on my shelves - I'll check. Thanks for the reccommendation.
    With Whicher - I was fascinated to see something of the early career of Dolly Williamson.
    Phil
    Have you tried Critical Years at the Yard The Career of Frederick Williamson pf the Detective Department and the C.I.D. by Belton Cobb, London, Faber and Faber,1956 - a capital read.
    SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

I'll searchj for it on the web, Stewart thanks.

Also when I retire in a few weeks I'll be able to use libraries much more to obtain books for me to study.

Phil

Comment

When you retire...

I'll searchj for it on the web, Stewart thanks.
        Also when I retire in a few weeks I'll be able to use libraries much more to obtain books for me to study.
        Phil
        When you retire you'll have to take a ride down the M6 and the A14 and come and see me. It doesn't take long and I have around 8,500 books you may look through, as well as lots of other goodies.
        SPE

Comment

Stewart - what a genrous offer. I don't drive but I'd still like to meet you and to explore your collection.

I have a library of my own of a similar scale (perhaps not QUITE so large) but on a broad range of subjects. Mainly history.

I've been collecting Ripper books and material since the late 60s but I'm not really a criminologist in any sense.

When I lived in London, used to be a member of the London Lbrary in St James Sq. (The subscription was the best money I paid out each year.) It was there that I read Anderson, Macnagten etc and pondered what they were trying to say. If only Casebook had been around then reflect on things, to ask questions - Anderson has many comments and references to comparative foreign methods and i remember wondering whether they could give hints as to the imediments he found in British practice.

Thanks again, your kind offer is mouthwatering.

Phil

Comment

The train...

Stewart - what a genrous offer. I don't drive but I'd still like to meet you and to explore your collection.
            Thanks again, your kind offer is mouthwatering.
            Phil
            The train from Birmingham (New Street if I remember correctly) will take you directly to Ely. I have had some memorable first meetings at Ely Station, where I met Phil Sugden back in 1994.
            SPE

Comment

Working...
            X