Hello ALL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello ALL!

Thought that this would be as good a place as any to introduce myself.

My name's Rod and I've only just started looking into this Ripper business. Recently there've been a few shows on tv, which I caught parts of, that sparked my curiosity.

I ran out and bought Cornwell's diatribe as my first attempt at gaining some info about the case . But, less than 1/3 into it and I had the feeling it was more a personal vendetta against Sickert than a rational search for truth. I may finish the book sometime, but right now, am more interested in the basic facts of the case. I next found this site, and read A.P. Wolf's Jack the Myth and enjoyed it quite a bit and, for the most part, agree with his reasoning, given my very limited exposure to the case.

So, I guess for the time being, I'm a Cutbush fellow ,

Best Regards and grateful for this resource,

Rod

P.S.-sorry about the unwarranted glut of smilies in my post...in future I will refrain.

Welcome aboard, Rod, nice to have you with us. I suppose you could have picked lots worse candidates than Cutbush to latch on to right out of the gate. But have a look at all the treads about books on this site. There are many suspects from which to choose.

Comment

Hi Rob. Don't worry too much about memorizing the facts right now. The fun of Ripperology when you're new to it is reading about all the different suspects and getting convinced (or not) over and over again! During this process, the basic facts sink in, then you're ready for the heavier tomes, and finally, discussion with heavyweights like the Grave Maurice here.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Welcome, Rod. I hope you enjoy yourself. There's a tremendous amount of information on the site. I've switched suspects a number of times, and I think you'll find that that's true for a lot of people here.

Best wishes,
        Cel
        "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I don't know that I'll ever have the proficiency on the subject to discuss it intelligently, but I am having fun pondering the evidence...picked up a copy of "Ultimate Guide this afernoon, and have a few more titles in the mail...so I think I'll be covered for awhile as far as reading material goes.

I guess I should venture out into the other sections, but I've so little to offer re: JtR.

...in time...in time...

Regards,

Rod

Comment

Working...
          X