New Subscription Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maria,

If the page really looks now like a ghost town (tumbleweed and all) I am prey to some persistent spammers that you may assurdedly have.

Don.
    "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Hello Don,
      Any specific spammers in mind? ;-) I'm probably coming off as a difficult customer, first I was complaining about the ads slowing down the loading of the pages, now the pages are all depressingly bland.
      By the by, I hate to pry, but your posting in this thread makes me assume that you're still part of the Examiner editorial team in a big way? (Please, say “yes“!!)
      Best regards,
      Maria

Comment

IMO, the new idea is an excellent one and i've no doubt it will be fully appreciated in time by the subscribers to Examiner.

However, I personally wouldn't be worrying so much about holding money back to refund others who want their money back, cancel their subscriptions, etc. If, for instance, a subscriber receives 3 issues out of their 6 for the year and then decides to cancel, what kind of "person" is going to demand their $4.50 back that would otherwise have been going to a charity?!

I'd be very shocked and disappointed if anybody stooped to the level of doing that. If you spend your whooping $9 on a year's subscriptions, then it should be non-refundable anyway, I'd say....

Looking forward to the new format of CE.

Cheers,
        Adam.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Went View Post
          However, I personally wouldn't be worrying so much about holding money back to refund others who want their money back, cancel their subscriptions, etc. If, for instance, a subscriber receives 3 issues out of their 6 for the year and then decides to cancel, what kind of "person" is going to demand their $4.50 back that would otherwise have been going to a charity?!

I'd be very shocked and disappointed if anybody stooped to the level of doing that. If you spend your whooping $9 on a year's subscriptions, then it should be non-refundable anyway, I'd say....
          As I now realise, Ally was talking about the possibility of having to refund subscribers if the Examiner stopped publishing, not if they cancelled their subscriptions and wanted a refund. But I'm relieved to know that I wasn't the only one who misunderstood.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
            Many people donate to Casebook in the form of Premium Subscriptions, and in return they don't have to deal with any of the advertisements, a necessary evil in funding a website. A $50 donation would (I believe) be worth an entire year without advertisements.
            The Premium Subscription is just shy of thirty-five dollars, Ally, or twenty-one pounds in proper money.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Ah, good! Thanks for that. Good thing I stopped short of launching into the "This is what's wrong with modern society..." rant that I had lined up!

Cheers,
              Adam.

Comment

Working...
              X