Paul Roland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Roland

Any opinions on Paul Roland's book "The Crimes of Jack the Ripper"? It was on major clearance at Barnes and Noble so I picked it up but haven't cracked it until I finish Paul Begg's book from True Crime on Jack the Ripper.
    Best,

LV

Well I finished reading it, and it gave a great overview, I thought, and was pretty sound. It does refer to Kelly as being pregnant at the time of her murder, however. There were a couple of other things that seemed to be assumptions taken as facts, but overall a great book!
    Best,

LV

Comment

I agree with you, LV. Despite a few trivial errors, this is a pretty good general introduction. I especially like some of the prints and photos which, because of the book's large format, show quite a bit of detail.

Comment

I agree! The book is chock full of great photos!
        Best,

LV

Comment

I've got it on my bookshelf and thouroughly enjoyed it. It's a nice summation of the general facts and yes, some great pics too!

Comment

It's on my bookcase too, I bought mine from a bargain bookstore for just £2.99!!

I just love the huge illustrations!
            Regards Mike

Comment

Yes, I think mine was around $4... for some reason it was on a local bookstore's clearance after-Christmas rack??
              Best,

LV

Comment

I bought mine really cheap just weeks after it's release which I thought was odd. Usually they go cheap when they can't shift them, but I know quite a lot of people who bought it.
                Regards Mike

Comment

It's nice compared to Paul Begg's book, which cost me a *#$^load
                  Best,

LV

Comment

Dear Wastelander:

Try www.half.com some time. I purchased the Fox & The Flies ( Not the physical ailment...) on there for $0. 75...seventy five cents. Books will pass through there from time to time on the cheap.

Comment

Thanks for the tip! I just found "The Diary of Jack the Ripper" for .75 cents, also the Patricia Cornwell books (although that's probably all they're worth??).
                      Best,

LV

Comment

Working...
                      X