Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can George Chapmam reform himself to being a calculating poisoner seven years later?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
    I think the point is this. Nobody has said its impossible. What is being said though is that its highly unlikely. So even if we did have say 100 cases where SKs have operated in the same small area, judging by how rare SK happens anyway, I think the odds would like 1 in 1000 chance of it happening.

Isn't that the whole reason why when people like this get caught they get looked into for other possible connections in the area, especially if victimology is similar?
    But the victimology isn't similar, it's radically different. JtR targeted strangers, mainly street prostitutes. In contrast, Chapman only murdered victims known to him, i.e. his wives. In other words, in direct contrast to JtR he was a common domestic murderer.
    Last edited by John G; 05-06-2015, 05:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Stu View Post
      no no no - mate you cant use that - ofcourse it isnt common or likely but i've proven it can and does happen, not only that, they happen to be notorios cases , i've given you three more cases of horrors ..what are the odds on brady finding hindley, fred west finding rose west..? it happens ..as sure as i'm a niche artist finding another one round the corner and there he is - its totally possible..and we have more places to live - to me - a migrant landing here - well in london - gravitating to the east end, and settling there as many migrants did..makes total sense without him having sod all to do with jack the ripper.
      People working together would be treated as one unit as per the original example. Nobody has ever argued that there can't be more than one killer cooperating with another. In fact, JtR is still fair game for their being an accomplice, but its unlikely.

The point is this. Why select something unlikely?
      Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
        But the victimology isn't similar, it's radically different. JtR targeted strangers, mainly street prostitutes. In contrast, Chapman only murdered victims known to him, i.e. his wives. In other words, in direct contrast to JtR he was a common domestic murderer.
        What if he murdered them because he thought they where becoming suspicious of him. Not that they where, but he thought so. Wouldn't it explain why he got himself caught this way?

If an SK thought someone they knew was possibly going to find out about their crimes, are there examples of those people being killed by them? I think yes.

Comment

1/1ooo aint gonna convict anyone mate...i wish you had someting - i've looked at it too but cant see it
          This doesn't convict him.

All that is being forwarded is that not only is it rare that someone like JtR would appear, but must be even more rare, that it happens in the same location and time as another SK. The odds don't convict him, but it does make him a leading suspect.

Comment

What if he murdered them because he thought they where becoming suspicious of him. Not that they where, but he thought so. Wouldn't it explain why he got himself caught this way?

If an SK thought someone they knew was possibly going to find out about their crimes, are there examples of those people being killed by them? I think yes.
            Not only is this highly speculative, I hardly think he would use slow poisoning as a method for killing people who were suspicious of him! And why would they be suspicious? JtR was no longer active during this period, and he would have to have been extremely careless to attract suspicion from several different women.

No, slow poisoners are sadistic, that's what motivates them.

Comment

• there should be a like button on here john...batman - i have proven evil sods happen all over time and time again - and at the same time,...keep with that if you wish, well who am i to say or indeed any of us.

Comment

• end of - jtr - was long time gone or dead by the time this guy got going..just gone - thats' where you will find him...on a death register he wont be mad ..just a bloke on a list.

Comment

Not only is this highly speculative, I hardly think he would use slow poisoning as a method for killing people who were suspicious of him! And why would they be suspicious? JtR was no longer active during this period, and he would have to have been extremely careless to attract suspicion from several different women.

No, slow poisoners are sadistic, that's what motivates them.
                  Its as speculative as any reason given for why he killed his wives.

I asked a question. Is it unexampled for SKs to kill people who could possibly reveal who they are?

Also, as I said, they don't need to be suspicious of him. All that is required for this to work is that he thinks they are.

Why use poison? Maybe because slashing their necks would only be worse for him.

The wives/GFs of many SKs have come forward to say what was off about this person. Like Ted Bundy exploring his GFs with a mask and flashlight on.

Comment

• and did you not say batman that two would never coincide in an area of this by that how can you put the odds at 1/000 to one - a reduction from yout first estimate;

Comment

Its as speculative as any reason given for why he killed his wives.

I asked a question. Is it unexampled for SKs to kill people who could possibly reveal who they are?

Also, as I said, they don't need to be suspicious of him. All that is required for this to work is that he thinks they are.

Why use poison? Maybe because slashing their necks would only be worse for him.

The wives/GFs of many SKs have come forward to say what was off about this person. Like Ted Bundy exploring his GFs with a mask and flashlight on.
                      So nobody had a clue who JtR was, except for his 3 wives? And this during a period when he was no longer active. I'm afraid that makes no sense at all. Can you give examples of serial killers who targeted both strangers and family members?

Comment

• its not him, you know it, i know it, the world knows it , find some evidence - real evidence and you cant.

Comment

So nobody had a clue who JtR was, except for his 3 wives?
                          For the second time I have never said this. Please read again what I wrote, thanks.

Comment

its not him, you know it, i know it, the world knows it , find some evidence - real evidence and you cant.
                            I don't know its not him. He is a major suspect in nearly every single important book on the Whitechapel murders.

Also I once favoured Kozminski, for a very long time, but have changed my mind recently.

Comment

• is he?? or does he just get mentioned?

Comment

is he?? or does he just get mentioned?
                                In most of the major books I have read from Sugden, Begg, Rumbelow, etc., he is given a chapter if not significant coverage in one.

He gets listed in the top 3 which is usually Chapman, Kozminski, Tumblety... or Druitt is sometimes found in that lot too.

Comment

Working...
                                X