Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
General Suspect Discussion: Kansas Physician Confirms Howard Report - by TradeName 4 hours ago.
General Suspect Discussion: Only one suspect can be shown to have carried a knife. - by Richard Patterson 4 hours ago.
General Suspect Discussion: Only one suspect can be shown to have carried a knife. - by Varqm 4 hours ago.
General Suspect Discussion: Only one suspect can be shown to have carried a knife. - by Richard Patterson 5 hours ago.
General Suspect Discussion: Only one suspect can be shown to have carried a knife. - by Richard Patterson 5 hours ago.
Martha Tabram: Probibility of Martha Tabram Being a JtR Victim - by Wickerman 5 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - (42 posts)
General Suspect Discussion: Only one suspect can be shown to have carried a knife. - (13 posts)
Martha Tabram: Probibility of Martha Tabram Being a JtR Victim - (13 posts)
Shades of Whitechapel: good riddance-have fun in Hell - (6 posts)
Kosminski, Aaron: My theory on Kosminski - (5 posts)
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Media > Books > Non-Fiction

Old 03-23-2012, 11:28 PM
Commisioner

Default Collection of books

Hello all,

Sadly, due to downsizing and unrelated personal reasons, including health, I will be limiting and then winding down my focus in the area of Ripper studies after over 4 decades of interest, study, research and enthusiasm, within the relatively near future. I will be selling off a large part of my collection of JTR and JTR related books. It will be a wrench, much like when I sold my entire beloved record collection (32,000 records!) many years ago, but after much deliberation, the decision has been made. I have also decided that I will handing any compiled and outstanding research material over to selected friends and Ripper aquaintances for use in their future studies, although there are outstanding projects within the genre I hope to complete before this time.

Before putting anything on Ebay for example, I am posting here and on jtrforums first, for any people interested. A few of the books are relatively difficult to get hold of, and some if not most of the books themselves would be a fine addition and or start for any enthusiast on the subject.

Should anybody be interested, I kindly and respectfully ask any interested parties to send me a pm or an email with their email address, and I will make sure that they recieve details they may require, when I start the process. Any eventual questions can be made to me through these channels.

kindly

Phil

Justice for the 96 = achieved
Accountability? ....

Last edited by Phil Carter : 03-23-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:54 AM
Constable

I'd be very interested, limited collection at the moment and looking to expand.

Unfortunately, the only books readily available aren't necessarily the most useful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Carter View Post
Hello all,

Sadly, due to downsizing and unrelated personal reasons, including health, I will be limiting and then winding down my focus in the area of Ripper studies after over 4 decades of interest, study, research and enthusiasm, within the relatively near future. I will be selling off a large part of my collection of JTR and JTR related books. It will be a wrench, much like when I sold my entire beloved record collection (32,000 records!) many years ago, but after much deliberation, the decision has been made. I have also decided that I will handing any compiled and outstanding research material over to selected friends and Ripper aquaintances for use in their future studies, although there are outstanding projects within the genre I hope to complete before this time.

Before putting anything on Ebay for example, I am posting here and on jtrforums first, for any people interested. A few of the books are relatively difficult to get hold of, and some if not most of the books themselves would be a fine addition and or start for any enthusiast on the subject.

Should anybody be interested, I kindly and respectfully ask any interested parties to send me a pm or an email with their email address, and I will make sure that they recieve details they may require, when I start the process. Any eventual questions can be made to me through these channels.

kindly

Phil
Old 03-24-2012, 03:27 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

I've mentioned this before, but I'm still looking for a copy of either edition of William Stewart's book in a decent dust jacket. If you have one of those, Phil, give me a shout.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Suspended

Hi Phil, what happens ?
One should never sell his books.
Best wishes.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:34 AM
Assistant Commissioner

Phil,

Good luck with all that. I have gotten rid of most of the chains I've had in life and to live without all those things is a blessing.

Mike
Old 03-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Suspended

Mike vient d'être piqué par un mystique.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Cadet

Phil
Do you still have any books you want to sell?

Sushka
Old 04-05-2012, 01:18 AM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushka View Post
Phil
Do you still have any books you want to sell?

Sushka
Hello Suska, all,

Thank you for your interest and questions. Am slap bang in the middle of packing away, packing up and getting things ready for moving home. I have not sold anything as yet but wij be doing so as soon as other things are sorted out.

Any interested parties please contact me through the stated channels and I will contact all as soon as things are ready. Again thanks for the interest and patience.

Kind regards

Phil

Justice for the 96 = achieved
Accountability? ....
Old 04-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Cadet

Hi Phil,
I would love to see the list of books and material you are selling, but for some reason I can't pm you to give you my email address. Would you mind pm-ing me instead? Failing that, I will just post it here.
Many thanks,
Andrew
Old 06-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Cadet

Post Collection Of Books - Jack The Ripper

HI PHIL CARTER

I TOO AM SELLING MY COLLECTION OF J T R BOOKS, HAVE 48 AS WELL AS RIPPEROLOGIST AND RIPPER NOTES MAGAZINES,

BOOK TITLES ( EG; AUTUME OF TERROR ( TOM CULLEN) THE LODGER ( MRS. BELLOC LOWNDES) THE MYSTERY OF JACK THE RIPPER ( LEONARD MATTERS) AND MANY OTHER SOUGHT AFTER TITLES. ALSO HAVE 6 DVD's. eg: FROM HELL ( JOHNNY DEPP) CARD GAME - MYSTERY RUMMY CASE # 1 (not opened)

ANYONE INTERESTED CAN CONTACT ME THROUGH MY EMAIL, I WILL PROVIDE FULL LIST OF ALL TITLES ( & AUTHORS)